What happened to wp8 grand theft auto ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I am still trying to understand why anyone would bother with GTA as a whole, but what you learn is that different people have different preferences.

I never played GTA ever. Never Mt style of game. Not a fan of sandbox. But on a phone where I'm not paying $60 for it and can hop in, kill a few hookers, then get on eith my day... I can see it

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
both are good for nothing. True graphical test can be tested via gta.

Sent from my L625

Actually WP Bench is a very reliable benchmarking app that scales properly with hardware and software improvements.

There's a reason why people at MS still use it for testing their code before release...

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm also 40. Actually 42. I'm surprised I can still walk without a cane. I'm not allowed to play games, I'm too old. My fingers can't keep up. Life is hell at this age. The things I have seen, the places I have been.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I never played GTA ever. Never Mt style of game. Not a fan of sandbox. But on a phone where I'm not paying $60 for it and can hop in, kill a few hookers, then get on eith my day... I can see it

My kind of guy! That sounds like a solid plan, and I plan on doing exactly this.

Joene90

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay the 22nd is almost over here (EST, 23.30) so I'm giving up hope for today. Hopefully tomorrow as an early Christmas present when I wake up.

Twas the night before GTA... We wish :)

igashinobi

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I would like to think release is imminent, yet I remember the Halo disaster where some wp8 users had to wait an extra month...and that was ms OWN title/product !

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing that the holiday period is causing delays with the cert process? I just wish it would launch on the store already. Does anyone know what time items usually get posted on the store? Is it early in the morning like the store on the Xbox 360 or do apps get added throughout the day?

I would like to think release is imminent, yet I remember the Halo disaster where some wp8 users had to wait an extra month...and that was ms OWN title/product !

That's different. Halo was exclusive to Verizon customers for a month, so it was planned. I doubt it's part of the plan to make us wait this long for GTA:SA.

Edit:

I just tweeted Major Nelson to see if he knows anything about the release, hopefully he replies back soon.

Last edited:

igashinobi

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
The fact rockstar where sure it was releasing last week proves release date is out of their hands.
When ms will finally release gta is anyone's guess but the concern is developers will become tired of the way ms has little regard for them and turn away from windows phone development...for example what happened to the Gameloft game's we where promised for 2013 (total conquest,etc)...I hope things improve,being the last in line for everything is not much fun.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The fact rockstar where sure it was releasing last week proves release date is out of their hands.
When ms will finally release gta is anyone's guess but the concern is developers will become tired of the way ms has little regard for them and turn away from windows phone development...for example what happened to the Gameloft game's we where promised for 2013 (total conquest,etc)...I hope things improve,being the last in line for everything is not much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium