What happened to wp8 grand theft auto ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greedypnguin

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if other actual XBL games, like FFIII, are given priority and delaying the cert process for non-XBL games and that's why it's taking so long for GTA to be released. This is assuming it really is out of Rockstar's hands, which I'm not entirely convinced of.

I would love to have the walking dead on our phones. Even though I already own it on the 360, I'd buy it again for my WP8. Not sure how well Max Payne would work on phones though. That's a shooter that requires a bit of accuracy and I could see it being a mess with a touch screen.

Agreed, I've tweeted both Major Nelson and Joe Belfiore and haven't received one single response. We better get it before year's end.

IPhone have max Payne mobile so I would be happy with just a port! XD

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I could have stolen a few real cars and gone on a few killing sprees whilst waiting for this game.

It's a good job I'm lazy.

Joking aside, really looking forward to this game but some solid info would be nice. Stinks of incompetence and as usual the end user has to put up with it.

Spoken like someone who has no idea how development works...

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Spoken like someone who has no idea how development works...

Thanks very much.

I thought it was a reasonable comment myself. The news was released in November that GTA SA was coming to Windows Phone. Since then a number of sites have published articles with supposed release dates which have all since passed and still no-one is the wiser when it's going to happen and as a result the end users are getting shafted.

Which part do you disagree with?

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks very much.

I thought it was a reasonable comment myself. The news was released in November that GTA SA was coming to Windows Phone. Since then a number of sites have published articles with supposed release dates which have all since passed and still no-one is the wiser when it's going to happen and as a result the end users are getting shafted.

Which part do you disagree with?
The stinks of incompetence part. Rockstar never gave an official date for the WP version. People had a lot of assumptions...that's more their problem than R*.

Joene90

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
The stinks of incompetence part. Rockstar never gave an official date for the WP version. People had a lot of assumptions...that's more their problem than R*.

Didn't Rockstar announce GTA to be released "next week" when they released for IOS? Or was that a misinterpretation by the internet?

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Didn't Rockstar announce GTA to be released "next week" when they released for IOS? Or was that a misinterpretation by the internet?

This is an exact quote from Rockstar on the original news article for the iOS release:

"Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas/id763692274?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]is available for $6.99 from the App Store[/URL] on iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPod Touch 5th gen, iPad 2, 3rd and 4th generation, iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPad Mini with Retina Display. Check out screens from the iPhone and iPad versions below and stay tuned for more info on the Android, Amazon Kindle and Windows Mobile versions coming soon:"

So all it has said is that the other devices are 'coming soon'. For some reason that was interpreted as meaning 'next week'.

The other statement made was a comment as a followup on that same story where Rockstar said this:

"Hey guys, it's great to see so much excitement for the release of San Andreas on mobile. Please note that it's also currently available for Android, and please stay tuned for the Windows Phones version release coming soon."

So all they've said even there is coming soon... :)

Joene90

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
This is an exact quote from Rockstar on the original news article for the iOS release:

"Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas/id763692274?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]is available for $6.99 from the App Store[/URL] on iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPod Touch 5th gen, iPad 2, 3rd and 4th generation, iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPad Mini with Retina Display. Check out screens from the iPhone and iPad versions below and stay tuned for more info on the Android, Amazon Kindle and Windows Mobile versions coming soon:"

So all it has said is that the other devices are 'coming soon'. For some reason that was interpreted as meaning 'next week'.

The other statement made was a comment as a followup on that same story where Rockstar said this:

"Hey guys, it's great to see so much excitement for the release of San Andreas on mobile. Please note that it's also currently available for Android, and please stay tuned for the Windows Phones version release coming soon."

So all they've said even there is coming soon... :)
I thought I'd read somewhere that Rockstar had gone back and changed "next week" in their post to "soon". Unfortunately I've never read it when it originally came out so I can be hugely mistaking.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

Ahhh I see what you did. You made the assumption that my comment about incompetence was aimed solely at Rockstar. Fear not my friend as it was one fell swoop aimed at a few parties involved.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I thought I'd read somewhere that Rockstar had gone back and changed "next week" in their post to "soon". Unfortunately I've never read it when it originally came out so I can be hugely mistaking.

I believe much of the confusion came from this article:

Rockstar Games tells us that the promised Android and Windows Phone versions will hit next week.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas available on iOS right now, Android and Windows Phone next week

Ahhh I see what you did. You made the assumption that my comment about incompetence was aimed solely at Rockstar. Fear not my friend as it was one fell swoop aimed at a few parties involved.

Problem is anyone that's associated with this game is likely not incompetent in any way. Otherwise they wouldn't be in the position they are in.

When it comes from the general user's POV, it's usually easier to point the finger at the companies involved than to just accept that sometimes **** happens and things don't always go according to plan.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I believe much of the confusion came from this article:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas available on iOS right now, Android and Windows Phone next week

Problem is anyone that's associated with this game is likely not incompetent in any way. Otherwise they wouldn't be in the position they are in.

When it comes from the general user's POV, it's usually easier to point the finger at the companies involved than to just accept that sometimes **** happens and things don't always go according to plan.

Disagree with the first bit. Incompetence is quite common life. Whether it's a service industry or even politics, there's usually some muppets involved along the way. That's not a sweeping generalisation by the way. No doubt that many of the developers at Rockstar and other companies are extremely talented people who excel at their jobs but that doesn't mean that everyone employed by those companies will excel in their positions.

In this instance, much of the blame should be squared at web sites which have published supposed release dates. Perhaps a little more clarity from Rockstar at the offset would have been nice too.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying this to be the case, but it's not even uncommon that people spin up wild rumors on dates, just to try to get the company to say "yes/no/maybe/something" on the subject. I don't think Rockstar is at responsibility to correct such rumors, as they probably had a reason to not give such date out to begin with, like developers usually do.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Disagree with the first bit. Incompetence is quite common life. Whether it's a service industry or even politics, there's usually some muppets involved along the way. That's not a sweeping generalisation by the way. No doubt that many of the developers at Rockstar and other companies are extremely talented people who excel at their jobs but that doesn't mean that everyone employed by those companies will excel in their positions.

In this instance, much of the blame should be squared at web sites which have published supposed release dates. Perhaps a little more clarity from Rockstar at the offset would have been nice too.

Yeah, after thinking about it more, you're quite right. With my original post, I was more thinking of the people directly involved (developers, techs for cert, etc) but no matter what there are going to be some people with some level of incompetence somewhere on the corporate chain.

I also agree that some communication from either Rockstar or MS, dependent on who's holding up the release of this title, would go a long way with us WP owners. I've tweeted two people at MS and haven't had one response. Things like that shouldn?t happen IMO.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I dont understand why ppl are trying to say we're getting the dates confused, rockstar clearly stated that they would release the game on all three main mobile platforms by December. Now please, idk where the majority of WP users rest there heads at night but unless you live on the damn moon they got one more effing day. So please shut up about the media confusing dates and the fans incompetence. If they can release it, on the other two platforms what's the hold up for windows phone? I understand the android version sucks but why hasn't there been a patch by now? Rockstar is just being a bunch of bricks if you ask me. This is coming from a guy who buys all there games...

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I dont understand why ppl are trying to say we're getting the dates confused, rockstar clearly stated that they would release the game on all three main mobile platforms by December. Now please, idk where the majority of WP users rest there heads at night but unless you live on the damn moon they got one more effing day. So please shut up about the media confusing dates and the fans incompetence. If they can release it, on the other two platforms what's the hold up for windows phone? I understand the android version sucks but why hasn't there been a patch by now? Rockstar is just being a bunch of bricks if you ask me. This is coming from a guy who buys all there games...

Actually Rockstar said the game was coming to mobile platforms in December, and named iOS, Android, and Windows Phone (calling it Windows Mobile).

They never explicitly stated it would hit all 3 of the operating systems in December. They've released it on iOS and Android (not all devices yet), and have said from the very first mention that Windows Phone was coming soon.

It was a mistake to assume that all 3 were coming at once. I don't fault those who did assume it, but since it has been made clear that this is not the case it's time to let it go.

They've said soon, and they likely won't announce a date until they have a firm one in place, or until it's actually out and on the market.

Last edited:

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I believe it should be out this or next week.

If not we should storm Rockstar's twitter account and blog. WP users unite! :winktongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss