Asphalt 8 cant install.. Help

Paras Trikha

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have 2.2gb free on my mob n still the apps store says that u need to free up more space to download asphalt 8.. Why is this soo when its only of 876mb??? Please help

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I have 2.2gb free on my mob n still the apps store says that u need to free up more space to download asphalt 8.. Why is this soo when its only of 876mb??? Please help

You need at least 3 times the size of the game ( here 876mb x 3, around 2.6gb) to install

Or download the file from windowsphone.com through your PC , copy it to a SD card, restart phone, open store, click SD CARD option , you will see A8, install.

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
You need at least 3 times the size of the game ( here 876mb x 3, around 2.6gb) to install

Or download the file from windowsphone.com through your PC , copy it to a SD card, restart phone, open store, click SD CARD option , you will see A8, install.

I had 2.8 GB of free internal storage and yet I was unable to install... :(

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Ohh great thanks for the help... If ibdownload through the laptop wil the game get installed on sd card??

No you cant, it installs directly to phone memory :( But an upcoming update (8.1) may solve that issue :)

I had 2.8 GB of free internal storage and yet I was unable to install... :(

It worked for me. Try freeing up a bit more (say upto 3 or 3.2 gb) or try the SD card method.

Last edited by a moderator:

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Then why does it need 2.6gb to download??

What we download is the setup file (876mb). After download it extracts 1.4GB of content. So 876+1.4 = 2.2GB. Setup file is deleted only after the installation completes. The extra 400mb maybe software restriction by the operating system.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Kk soo if i download it to pc n install on my phone do i still need 2.6gb or 1.4gb???

1.4gb should be enough. Get setup file to your SD card and install on your phone. It won't check for 4 times space for game installation

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
U need a phone with sd card slot,goto windowsphone.com from ur pc,find the game,and down in the left corner it ask u to dl and install manually,once downloaded,copy the file to ur phones sd card,restart phone to detect files and go to store and it should have sd card option

I think it only needs 1.4gb of space

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I've seen a fair amount of people comment on here saying that the installing through SD Card method works. So if you have storage space issues on your device, definitely consider that mode of installation!

R J ADHARSH

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
you have to clear atleast 3.5 to 4 gb space on your phone because your phone requires atleast 2gb to work for ex: to surf the net ,etc
so you have to clear 3.5gb to 4gb of your phone memory. I had the same problem when i had 2.89 gb space left so i cleared some memory and now asphalt 8 is working great.

2.6 gb isnt enough because your phone needs 2gb free space to work properly and fast enough so you need to clear arond 3.5 to 4 gb empty space

your phone takes atleast 3 hrs of time to recognise an app 1) wait or 2)try restarting 5-10 times

lumiawesome0

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If u want to install awesome asphalt8 in ur ph try to do it manually, becoz if u download it in ph nd u do hardreset u hv to download 800 mb again nd thts tiring....
frst go to windowsphone.com
thn look down its written install manually
# thn transfrr it in ur ph nd wait for 5 to ten minutes or do 2 to 3 restart.
# note ur ph shuld hv atleast 2.88 gb space free. Bcoz it needs three times its size space free. Dnt wry it installs in 1.2 gb space nd after installation u hv ur 1.5 gb space free or more.
nd believe me u will nt regret a little bit of ur time or ur data..as it is 1 of the bst out ther.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett