How well does GTA: San Andreas run on your device?

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone maxed out graphics settings and had a decent framerate?

Lumia 920

On default San Andreas is playable with a rather smooth framerate, but looks nothing like on highest settings. Unfortunately when maxed out, the game is a real slideshow.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 822

Works much better than I expected. Will play it a little more tonight. Only tried it on default graphics settings, but I am impressed.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I played last night. Had a few crashes when trying to save my game in the house. Also had an issue where I failed the drive thru mission and it tried to go back to the last checkpoint but kept getting caught in a loop (would go back to the restaurant but the bad guy car wasn't there, then the mission would fail again and go back to the same point and repeat).

Fun game but still a few bugs.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I had to fiddle with the visual settings quite a bit to find a decent balance for visuals and performance and here's where I landed on my 1520:
- Visual Effects: High
- Resolution: 100%
- Draw Distance: 30%
- Shadows: Classic
- Car Reflections: Detailed

Last edited:

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Framerates are fine on my Lumia 920, but pop-up is a serious issue. Increasing draw distance can reduce (but not eliminate) the pop-up, and of course, higher draw distance settings means more lag. =(

It's playable, but not too pleasing to the eye when driving.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
It runs smooth for the most part on my 928 using the default settings, though when there is a lot going on, the frame rate has slowed down to some low levels. According to TechCloud, it's the shadows and reflections that create the biggest drop in performance with the snapdragon chips in our phones.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Plays fairly well on the 1020 but crashes each time I start Sweet's Girl mission.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm unable to progress any further. Have done all the other missions available but it's impossible to do Sweet's Girl.

Last edited:

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
@Nick, I finished Sweet's Girl mission.

I have a 928 and the game can be really buggy at times, crashing multiple times. Or sometimes the game glitches, (for example, the pause menu won't show up). The game really needs an update.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
To really see what settings you should be running I suggest you try Basemark OS II Free | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

You can check how your phone compares to the avg/min/max for others with the same model phone.

Lumia 1520(Adreno 330) is an absolute monster compared to a Lumia 920/925/928/1020 for graphics.

1208 vs 340 with Basemark OS II fwiw

iPhone 5s approx 1300

Its not surprising to see that a majority of people having probs are using those models

arnieman

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to bump this but my biggest question is how much gameplay can you guys fit in before you get the battery critically low warning? I get about 2 hours lol

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
@Nick, I finished Sweet's Girl mission.

I have a 928 and the game can be really buggy at times, crashing multiple times. Or sometimes the game glitches, (for example, the pause menu won't show up). The game really needs an update.

Cheers.

I managed to get it done...not sure how or why it resolved itself but I entered the red mission marker and it just worked after 50+ previous attempts!

Have completed all the main story missions..currently working through for 100%. Just completed the last asset mission. Still need to do the odd job missions which I'm not looking forward to! The Chiliad Challenges which shouldn't be a problem, the NRG challenge which is a pain in the arse plus one stadium event. On top of that, I have a few tags to find and all the horseshoes, snapshots and oysters.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Jeez. The Chiliad Challenge is nigh on impossible! I have maximum cycling skills but the controls and glitches make it so difficult to be competitive without falling off the mountain.

The 'workaround' of shooting the other challengers at the finishing line doesn't seem to work as there's only 2-3 other competitors there.

Grrr.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Done the Chiliad Challenge and the sniper trick worked in the end. Just had to make sure that I stayed fairly close to the other riders.

Done Vigilante too...helped myself to the Rhino at Area 69 as it made it so much easier. I used the Hunter on the PC but that only gets unlocked with gold awards in the flying lessons and a bronze is impressive enough on the phone!

4 odd jobs, NRG challenge and some pick up items left!

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Can't see myself getting 100%. Really struggling with the firefighter odd job and nrg challenge. Have made dozens of attempts but fail everytime. Have tried doing firefighter in Los Santos, Red County, San Fierro but haven't managed to get past level 2. It's quite straightforward on the PC as the controls make it so much easier to control the hose so even if the people on fire stray a bit, it's possible to get them without losing too much time.

Similar problems with the nrg challenge. It's just so hard to control on the phone...I found the mission hard enough to do on the pc so don't fancy my chances on the phone.

Also have one race tournament left...military service and again thanks to the clunky and sometimes unresponsive controls, it's just not possible to do.

Everything else is done or shouldn't be a problem.

Sooo frustrating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6