What kind of games does WP need more of?

Turboshroom

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
So as a game developer I was just wondering what kind of games would you like to see on Windows Phone?
Windows Phone is at the stage that you can find SOMETHING of every category.
But is some category more neglected than others?

I already have 3 games on Marketplace: a reflex testing game, a dodging game and an endless flyer.
At the moment I'm working on matching game (you have a bunch of boxes on the screen and have to find 2-3-4 or 5 of the same boxes and clear the screen as fast as you can) and I have concepts for plumbing game (think Bioshock hacking game), an Impossible Game-kind of game, a endless runner like Jetpack Joyride and a simple card deck because a friend of my requested something like that. Oh and I'm also working on tower defense game. And I have plans for a zombie defense game.
Yeah now I'm just rumbling.. So back to the question.

What kind of games does WP need more of?

Turboshroom

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I think more action Packed games that involve blood and slashing. At least for me anyway. I'm kind of over endless runners.

I am designing a zombie shooting/defense game so maybe you'll like that when it comes out.

It will be about a engineer stuck on a roof in zombie apocalypse. He'll build a turret-thingie in the middle of the roof that'll help him deal with the zombies and you'll be able to control the engineer himself and shoot zombies with basic weapons. And after each night you can upgrade your turret and weapons and such.How does that sound?

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
What I really want is a racing simulator. Not an arcade racer like asphalt or "real racing" (why is it even called that?) but something more like Forza or Gran Turismo on Xbox/Ps3

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk Beta

Turboshroom

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Actually now that I've read this maybe I'll ditch that endless runner and make something action packed for you. Something with simple but stylish visuals (not pixelart) and lots of shooting. Something like Hotline Miami but viewed from the side. It'll take me a couple of days or a week but I'll post it here when it's ready.

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Put simply, it;s not a genre, it's a mode - Multiplayer. Whether it's multiplayer via Social Networks for casual gamers, or Xbox Live multiplayer for the hardcore fans, there needs to be more. I think i've played 2 multiplayer games since WP7 that have worked properly - Robotek and Asphalt 8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6