Microsoft Should Capitalize On Orginal Xbox Games Library (Official Emulator)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Imagine if Microsoft Made an official original Xbox emulator, they could have it free and then charge 8-10 bucks for games. This could be an exclusive WP (Mostly 1520 & Icon and other higher powered flagships) / Windows 8 tablet feature licensed by MS so Android never got their hands on it. If anyone remembers the first Xbox its survival is thanks mostly to the quality of its exclusive titles (Halo, Fable, Forza etc.). WP could really establish a foothold with a full Xbox emulator and a library of hundreds of games to choose from. Put this feature with wireless X360/Xbox One controller support (possibly make and sell new Bluetooth Xbox controller accessory specifically for this) and you have a hit. Imagine playing a full version of Halo or Fable on your 1520/Icon/Surface tablet etc. on a long plane or train ride. Allow the option to store the games/game save data on OneDrive,and you just might entice users to pay to expand their storage for the games. Or find a way to allow the games to be installed on Micro SD (creates piracy concern).

Thoughts??? What would you all think of an original Xbox emulator for WP8/8.1 & W8.1 Exclusive to the Windows ecosystem as a new selling point mainly for WP and W8.1 tablet devices?

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
While it sounds like a great idea I think there would be a memory problem to deal with; plus the issue of the speed of an emulator on the phone. If someone could pull it off I am sure it would fly. Don't know if its possible though.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
This would turn out to be very bad. Consider how much more powerful the 360 is than even the high end phones. Now consider how bad some games ran through an emulator on the 360, I don't want to think about how horrible they would run on a WP.

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
This would turn out to be very bad. Consider how much more powerful the 360 is than even the high end phones. Now consider how bad some games ran through an emulator on the 360, I don't want to think about how horrible they would run on a WP.
No, no I'm saying an emulator for the ORIGINAL Xbox games (see GTA San Andreas). I just mentioned the X360 and Xbox One for their controllers being used as the controller

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
No, no I'm saying an emulator for the ORIGINAL Xbox games (see GTA San Andreas). I just mentioned the X360 and Xbox One for their controllers being used as the controller

I understood what you meant and still feel the same way. The 360 is more capable than any mobile phone but still can't emulate many OG Xbox games well. The WP emulation would be much worse.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It, certainly, is a cool idea.
I think the Xbox gaming should be a huge play for Windows Phone.
I still don't understand why there wasn't a Halo game as a Windows Phone launch title.
All the talk of Xbox games going to other platforms just gives more reason for people not to want to switch platforms.
Something like this could be a big pull.

While people talk about emulation speed, let's remember that we had a really good PlayStation emulator (FPSeCE) on Windows Mobile (400mh CPUs).
The reason, to my knowledge, why emulation isn't so hot on Windows Phone is that the developers can't get into the internals of the CPU and eek out every last bit of power.
If Microsoft released an official emulator, they could bypass all the security and restrictions and gain large amounts of resources.

Of course, this is all wishful thinking.
It would, likely, never happen.
Even if it did, it could flop (Xperia Play, anyone?).
JJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3