The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-19-2014 04:30 PM
51 123
tools
    I install Candy Crush on my windows phone.
    but is it the official game?
    it looks pretty the same but not as good as i play it at facebook

Candy Crush Saga | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

anyone know about it?
    03-19-2014 04:25 AM
    looks legit..... although didn't they say that they are not going to make a WP app?
    03-19-2014 04:37 AM
    looks legit..... although didn't they say that they are not going to make a WP app?
    How does this look legit to you? To me it just looks like a clone.

EDIT: Look what I found. Candy Crush Saga clone hits Windows Phone | NokiaTheOne
    03-19-2014 04:41 AM
    This'll get pulled. To close a clone.
    03-19-2014 05:02 AM
    Its not the official game. Just a clone. The official releaser of this game is King.com
    03-19-2014 05:30 AM
    Well its the best copy out there but lacks Facebook integration, which means it is fake, then they will remove it, btw I hate this game.....
    03-19-2014 06:02 AM
    there is a blog that states the officialk version will be out in 31 days.
    03-19-2014 11:28 AM
    It's just a clone. The publisher is Xiaomicandy and not King.com. Xiaomi is a Chinese company very very good at creating imitation/clone software and hardwares. This will get pulled soon (at least when the real one arrives, if ever).
    03-19-2014 11:41 AM
    i sometimes get frustrated to see all these clones. how come a single developer can design, develop and publish these games, and the original company, where a team of developers is doing full time work and getting good money for that, is not able to do the same.
    Zeem Frostmaw and taymur like this.
    03-20-2014 01:24 AM
    i sometimes get frustrated to see all these clones. how come a single developer can design, develop and publish these games, and the original company, where a team of developers is doing full time work and getting good money for that, is not able to do the same.
    I totally agree with this.
    arunroc, Zeem Frostmaw and taymur like this.
    03-20-2014 01:51 AM
    I hope it doesn't get pulled. I actually like the fact that it's not integrated with Facebook. My opinion is that when the official version is finally released, the game won't be popular anymore and not many people will download it. Therefore, the developers (King) will say "hey, it's not worth developing apps for Windows Phone". If they released apps for WP at the same time as for iOS and Android, they would get millions of downloads but obviously if they release them when nobody wants them anymore, it will be no use! I hope developers/companies change their approach to Windows Phone.

Sent from my ICONIA W700 using Tapatalk
    03-20-2014 05:36 AM
    I think this is a trend with many WP8 apps. Teams could be assigned to work on each mobile platform, but instead, no, they only focus on what is popular. How can they expect WP8 to grow with that kind of philosophy,or don't they want it too?
    03-20-2014 06:00 AM
    I'm playing this game now and actually it's the closest to the real one.
    really kill so time. if they will make an official game i don't want this one to be pulled out
    03-20-2014 06:52 AM
    Really close to real one. I like it since it doesn't make any difference for me if it's the original or not.
    While I can play it when at the toilets, it's OK
    weaksauce27 and wasim sallam like this.
    03-20-2014 07:09 AM
    while i can play it when at the toilets, it's ok
    t m i
    Nokia Boy and taymur like this.
    03-20-2014 07:14 AM
    dude, those big companies you are talking about... THEY DON'T GIVE TWO FARTS ABOUT WP
    03-20-2014 07:21 AM
    Pull it. Stealing from another dev is an android thing. Not a practice Microsoft needs to embrace.
    Arda Ozkal and Localhorst86 like this.
    03-20-2014 08:56 AM
    Pull it. Stealing from another dev is an android thing. Not a practice Microsoft needs to embrace.
    While I usually agree, King can screw off for all I care. On top of ignoring the multiple messages I've sent to them, they also tried to pull that trademark bull****.

Truth be told, if this clone does well, that may finally give King the incentive to finally support the damn platform.
    wiseguywood and Zeem Frostmaw like this.
    03-20-2014 02:09 PM
    Play the game until the developers release the real one.
    03-20-2014 02:11 PM
    Wow, a great clone just like all the Flappy Bird ones in the marketplace. Seriously, it really is a great way to kill a few minutes though!
    03-20-2014 02:23 PM
    While I usually agree, King can screw off for all I care. On top of ignoring the multiple messages I've sent to them, they also tried to pull that trademark bull****.

Truth be told, if this clone does well, that may finally give King the incentive to finally support the damn platform.
    Yeah, stealing another's hard work is a great motivator. I wonder if stealing cars would help make cars free. Hmmmm
    ShreyansShah and Localhorst86 like this.
    03-20-2014 02:31 PM
    Yeah, stealing another's hard work is a great motivator. I wonder if stealing cars would help make cars free. Hmmmm
    They aren't really giving people much a choice. If they cared that much, they would have ported the game themselves already.

Your analogy doesn't really fit here because it isn't about making anything free, it's about just making it available in the first place.

Using your car analogy as an example, a more fitting scenario would be that cars are the only way to get food but all of the cars are controlled by an evil company that refuses to allow a specific population of people use these cars. Do you think it's fair if this company won't let these people use the cars to get food?

Edit:

Just to clarify, 99% of the time I am all in favor of the creators/developers. It's for this reason that I buy all of my games new and not used, I want to make sure the developers get some money. However when it comes to King, now is the 1% of the time that I don't care to defend or support a company that tries to abuse the success they don't deserve in the first place. Almost every one of their games is a copy of another game.
    josepmanel1983 likes this.
    03-20-2014 03:02 PM
    They aren't really giving people much a choice. If they cared that much, they would have ported the game themselves already.

Your analogy doesn't really fit here because it isn't about making anything free, it's about just making it available in the first place.

Using your car analogy as an example, a more fitting scenario would be that cars are the only way to get food but all of the cars are controlled by an evil company that refuses to allow a specific population of people use these cars. Do you think it's fair if this company won't let these people use the cars to get food?

Edit:

Just to clarify, 99% of the time I am all in favor of the creators/developers. It's for this reason that I buy all of my games new and not used, I want to make sure the developers get some money. However when it comes to King, now is the 1% of the time that I don't care to defend or support a company that tries to abuse the success they don't deserve in the first place. Almost every one of their games is a copy of another game.
    Not trying to put too fine a point on this but a financial investment when into creating, developing, marketing and maintaining Candy Crush Saga. None of which impacted your wallet. This is theft. Not just the product but the product name. BTW, if you want do theft of product, android is where you want to be.
    Localhorst86 likes this.
    03-20-2014 03:21 PM
    Never mind what people think of King and their (lack of) support for our platform, this still is theft. This is not what we should stand for, this is not what we should be supporting or encouraging. I have reported it for exactly what it is: theft of intellectual property.

EDIT: And for what it's worth, I tried it and I still don't see what the fuzz is about. It's just bejeweled....
    03-20-2014 03:33 PM
    I never denied it was theft and I never said I want to "do theft of product". Looking at the app now, I do agree they shouldn't have used the exact same name. Still, I have a hard time being bothered by it considering the company involved. Besides, change the name, alter the UI slightly, and this wouldn't be much different than any other 3rd party app.
    Last edited by Kage Maru; 03-20-2014 at 04:01 PM.
    03-20-2014 03:37 PM
51 123