Asphalt 8 Update 04/04

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I removed Spartan Assault and Machinarium, gives me over 1GB of space, but it has made no difference since the "half installed update" has been dumped in the "other" folder.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
800mb+ update for Asphalt 8 today. What does it include?

BTW it hasn't successfully installed, its gone and messed up my phone storage in a similar fashion to a previous post of mine: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-games/263434-not-gaining-space-after-uninstall.html

I now have 6+gb of "Other" storage and no way to clear it... great.

i know what's happening. An app requires about 4 times the storage space to install. First of all, the update is the whole game bundled, not an update. It reinstalls, and keeps your save files.
Secondly, the others is actually storing the downloaded game files. You ought to clear temporary files (both via storage check and also via phone storage), and before that, you should cancel the download in the store. (you'd have to download it again)

Pro tip: next time you install a big game, you should download its xap (soon to be changed to appx) and sideload it. Though i dont know whether it would work for updates or not.

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I didn't realise updates required 4x storage space, and seems strange the update would include the whole game again.
Clearing temp files does nothing.
Cancelled the download and restarted phone multiple times.

The only thing I can think will help is removing my original Asphalt 8 and trying to reinstall. Although then I loose all my progress, and since I'm about halfway through, its not really something I would be happy doing.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Thing with asphalt 8 not just here but even in android is every time an update comes u have to download the entire game all over again. So the best thing to do wld be first see what's in the update and then decide whether its worth downloading it all over again.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Thing with asphalt 8 not just here but even in android is every time an update comes u have to download the entire game all over again. So the best thing to do wld be first see what's in the update and then decide whether its worth downloading it all over again.

that is not with asphalt 8, its with all apps. Because mobile apps aren't supposed to handle sophisticated update methods like the windows for pc has. That would be like a huge number of hours for every developer to implement.

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
have delete whole collection of my games , but no benefit then deleted asphalt itself and downloading it again....thats a bummer from gameloft

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
that is not with asphalt 8, its with all apps. Because mobile apps aren't supposed to handle sophisticated update methods like the windows for pc has. That would be like a huge number of hours for every developer to implement.

Not really android games like Real Racing 3 have a 13 mb client download from store and the rest 1gb being downloaded with start up of game and last week when they brought in a big update all we had to download was an additional 200 mb within the game after updating the client. Same case with WRB too now as they updated it last time to a 41mb client in place of 256mb game.
So I believe Gameloft can implement the same for their games too.

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I also had to delete Asphalt 8 and reinstall, luckily it had my data cloud saved. This whole update process is pretty clunky...

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I also had to delete Asphalt 8 and reinstall, luckily it had my data cloud saved. This whole update process is pretty clunky...

disclaimer: this cloud save only exists if you sign in with Facebook, so dont blame anyone if you delete asphalt thinking your saves are backed up.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Not really android games like Real Racing 3 have a 13 mb client download from store and the rest 1gb being downloaded with start up of game and last week when they brought in a big update all we had to download was an additional 200 mb within the game after updating the client. Same case with WRB too now as they updated it last time to a 41mb client in place of 256mb game.
So I believe Gameloft can implement the same for their games too.
sorry but windows phone is a secure system and it has a concept of sandboxing to protect your data etc. so an app cannot poke its nose into another app's data. It is meant for safety. So you cannot make an app to update another app. But maybe they can build an update system into their apps, which would increase the size of the game too..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon