Instability in Subway Surfers (8.1/Rome?)

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Around the time I upgrade my Lumia 920 to 8.1, I was losing interest in Subway Surfers and hadn't played it much. It was only once they released the Rome update that I started playing again, though I've found that even with all other apps closed, very occasionally the game drastically drops to an unplayable frame rate for about five seconds. While this is rare, it almost always results in me losing as I'm unable to control the character, so it's incredibly frustrating. Before 8.1, on the Mexico City version, I never had this happen.

Unfortunately I can't tell whether this is related to 8.1 or the Rome update as I only played after both were installed, not one or the other. It would be great to hear if others have had this issue, but even better if people are able to pinpoint the cause of the problem.

jusdis

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
My swipes aren't registering accurately as well on 8.1. Its tough to tell if its the update for the game or the OS

Slater_GS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Is that on Windows Phone 8.1 as well? I'm very curious to hear if Windows Phone 8 users are also experiencing this problem.

I experienced this on my Icon with the 8.1 update. Swipes worked fine for the most part, but occasionally it would freeze up which made it impossible to survive and overall the frame rates dropped. Loading time also drastically increased.
I did install it on my wifes Icon that is on WP8 and I didn't notice any issues.
It might be worth not playing for awhile because I lost all of my SS data last night when my phone rebooted!!
Just started a thread here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...way-surfers-minion-rush-data.html#post2520777

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786