Anyone that plays Disney/Lucasarts games?

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am playing Star Wars: Assault Team on both my WP and Windows tablet. When the game was first released it had its bugs and issues. Disney was fairly quick to address these issues with an update about a month after release for all platforms, iOS, Android and Windows.

Now, there have been two major updates to the game in the last week. Last Thursday they did some updates and added new content. This was pushed out to iOS and Android. NOT for Windows. I sent an email to support and was told that different platforms need to be updated in different ways and to keep an eye for update to the app in the store. OK, I can live with that.

Today, I find out that yet another update and new content was pushed out to iOS and Android and NOT for Windows. I sent another email to support and I am waiting on what they say now.

My question is...

Does anyone else play games from Disney and do they do the same with those games updating other platforms and leaving Windows out in the cold?

Skaughtto

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I started playing, but I'm a bit discouraged since my progress can't be backed up or synched. I emailed support about that and this was their response:

Unfortunately, Facebook integration has not yet been built into Windows. As such, there is currently no way to sync your progress. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that is why I play on a tablet instead so I may be able to at least get a backup and restore.

I have heard that if you have your old arena name and your new arena name that they can restore your previous progress to your new account. I just replaced my L920 with a L1520. I sent them this info but haven't heard back yet.

I also just found out today that another special mission and other changes showed up on iOS and Android and nothing for Windows. This is three or four in the last couple weeks. Disney keeps cranking out new Windows games but after the initial release, they ignore the platform.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I heard back from support on both my issues.

On the subject of updates, they said that they can't guarantee when or even if updates will be released for Windows and any other communication on this subject will be ignored.

On the subject of restoring game progress they requested screenshots of both my old arena and new arena screens. I can't get my old screen as that phone was reset so I sent just my new arena screen. We'll see what happens. So, if you want to be able to get your progress back, make a screenshot of your arena screen and save it in case something happens.

Skaughtto

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I responded back to Disney Interactive support with a screenshot from WP8 "Star Wars: Tiny Death Star", it has a Facebook connection option in the settings menu.

wp_ss_20140606_0001.png

Maybe there's hope yet? I also asked about updates, but I'm sure the support people aren't aware of what the software guys are doing.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I checked Tiny Death Star on my phone and tablet. The Facebook connection works on my phone but will not connect on my tablet. They've known about this issue for a long time but still haven't fixed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte