GT Real Racing - damn alerts

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll get like 10 alerts reminding me to play. It won't save my volume settings. No new cars, tracks or challenges.

myst02

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I'll get like 10 alerts reminding me to play. It won't save my volume settings. No new cars, tracks or challenges.

Do you have GT racing on SD card? Are you on Windows Phone 8.1? You can turn off the alerts by turning off the background task of GT racing. All Gameloft games are running in background by default.

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. Yes I made sure it was not running in the background and turned off notifications within the game. I am on WP8. It's not on an SD card.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
This was the reason I ended up uninstalling the game before I even really got to play it properly.

Even if there is a fix, having to force the game to shut up on that level just shows how bad the practice is on Gameloft's front =/

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I reinstalled and disabled the toast notification. It has no option for disabling it once the game is installed.

It works. No more notifications.

Shame there is no option within the game to disable toast notifications.

Last edited:

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Sam,

I can't even play anymore. The game exits on the GameLoft splash screen.

I wonder what GameLoft Ryan has to say.

That sounds like an issue that could be remedied with a new install. If it persists, definitely contact our support.

Regarding the notifications (I actually just posted about this in my stickied thread): We just sent in a hotfix that addresses and solves this problem. We are now just waiting on it to get approved by MS :) Sorry again for the problems this has caused!

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
That sounds like an issue that could be remedied with a new install. If it persists, definitely contact our support.

Regarding the notifications (I actually just posted about this in my stickied thread): We just sent in a hotfix that addresses and solves this problem. We are now just waiting on it to get approved by MS :) Sorry again for the problems this has caused!

Thanks GLR. I will wait for update instead of uninstalling and re-installing... this might help me to avoid losing my cars that I have so far.

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
GLR, a lot of reviews in the Windows Phone Store are complaining about the GT Racing crashing on the Gameloft screen. This is the exact problem I was having.

Sharpmango

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
GLR, a lot of reviews in the Windows Phone Store are complaining about the GT Racing crashing on the Gameloft screen. This is the exact problem I was having.

this is the second time I have had this problem. I don't want to lose progress again. There is NO cloud saving in this game. Very annoyed.. And no, I don't have a Facebook account. This wasn't a problem in asphalt 8 which seems to have in built cloud saving. I spent ?25 IAP here. I don't want to lose about 25 hours worth of game time and re install it again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion