The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-16-2014 06:55 PM
30 12
tools
    Hi guys,

Can I please ask someone with a 512 MB device to search for the game "Gun Frenzy" and let me know whether it allows them to download it or does it inform them that it is restricted to 1GB devices? It needs to be someone that hasn't already downloaded it. I'm trying to find ways to get it working on low memory devices but until then, I'm trying to restrict it to 1GB and above devices so as not to waste anyone's time downloading.

thanks,

Raj
    07-15-2014 09:23 AM
    Hey Raj though the app description says removed support for 512MB ram , I was able to download the game on my Lumia 520 (no I haven't tested out your game on this device ).
    Guytronic and WaveLightGames like this.
    07-15-2014 09:29 AM
    That's unfortunate .... I don't know why it's not restricting access to 1GB devices and above. I've done everything that is explained in the Microsoft help site.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    07-15-2014 09:59 AM
    It won't even appear in the list of results when I search for it on the phone (L625)

Only "Circuit Board" appears
    07-15-2014 10:05 AM
    Doesn't appear for me on my 520 either.
    07-15-2014 10:09 AM
    Downloaded it manually from the web store on PC, copied to SDCard > Installing as we speak

EDIT - Got past the endless number of option screens, to level select, chose the power up option > said loading and then crashed and quit

Maybe that's why its not available to 512MB devices, it doesnt work - tried again, crashed at the same place
    WaveLightGames likes this.
    07-15-2014 10:36 AM
    That's unfortunate .... I don't know why it's not restricting access to 1GB devices and above. I've done everything that is explained in the Microsoft help site.
    Raj it does not show up in store so I opened Bing search and manually found your game , it redirects me to windows phone store. Where I Got the download option on mums lumia 520. However the app says it was last updated on 13th June 2014.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Himanshu Chowdhary; 07-15-2014 at 10:50 AM. Reason: silly mistakes fixed :)
    Guytronic likes this.
    07-15-2014 10:45 AM
    I briefly hid it from the store so that might be why it's not visible at the moment. I think that if the restriction to 1GB devices was working, it would show in the store but then not allow a download.

Regarding the menus ... thanks for the feedback. I'll remove the requirement to click through the story every time it plays. Other screens, I think are necessary so will probably not be able to reduce it much more than that.
    07-15-2014 10:46 AM
    I briefly hid it from the store so that might be why it's not visible at the moment. I think that if the restriction to 1GB devices was working, it would show in the store but then not allow a download.

Regarding the menus ... thanks for the feedback. I'll remove the requirement to click through the story every time it plays. Other screens, I think are necessary so will probably not be able to reduce it much more than that.
    I clearly remember when I used to do the same for subway surfers. Download option was not available. Instead when I taped on the ! Option , it used to greet me with a warning saying game requires at least 1GB or more ram. And at that time subway surfer was hidden from windows phone store. I can see that your game is hidden in windows phone store , EDIT YES I am able to search the game in my Lumia 920.
    Last edited by Himanshu Chowdhary; 07-15-2014 at 10:58 AM. Reason: wifi was turned off in lumia 920.
    WaveLightGames and Guytronic like this.
    07-15-2014 10:56 AM
    Really??? So it's visible on your Lumia 920 and at the same time invisible on your 520? That sounds fantastic! Can you please confirm? This is giving me a major headache ... and seeing all these bad reviews from angry 512 MB device owners is getting me down.
    07-15-2014 11:24 AM
    Really??? So it's visible on your Lumia 920 and at the same time invisible on your 520? That sounds fantastic! Can you please confirm? This is giving me a major headache ... and seeing all these bad reviews from angry 512 MB device owners is getting me down.
    EDIT :- a soft reset is showing the game in windows phone store , lumia 520. I think you should re submit your app.
    Last edited by Himanshu Chowdhary; 07-15-2014 at 11:57 AM.
    Guytronic likes this.
    07-15-2014 11:36 AM
    Don't know if this helps or not... I've just done a search for it and it's appears in the store for my Lumia 620. Install button *is* lit. Current version shown is 1.1.0.0 "Removed 512MB support as the app was crashing frequently on devices with less than 1GB of memory".

Testing the 'install' button - it's started downloading it.
    07-15-2014 11:43 AM
    Don't know if this helps or not... I've just done a search for it and it's appears in the store for my Lumia 620. Install button *is* lit. Current version shown is 1.1.0.0 "Removed 512MB support as the app was crashing frequently on devices with less than 1GB of memory".

Testing the 'install' button - it's started downloading it.
    Did you find the app in windows phone store or via internet explorer /bing/google search ?
    Guytronic likes this.
    07-15-2014 11:45 AM
    Did you find the app in windows phone store or via internet explorer /bing/google search ?
    Directly in the store on my phone.
    07-15-2014 11:47 AM
    Directly in the store on my phone.
    Soft reset my lumia 520 and now it's showing in windows phone store.
    Guytronic likes this.
    07-15-2014 11:56 AM
    Thanks guys .... this is really killing me. I don't understand why this option isn't just a toggle button right in Visual Studio the same way the other requirements are. For some reason, this requirement requires me to edit an xml file and I have no xml coding experience.
    07-15-2014 12:15 PM
    Thanks guys .... this is really killing me. I don't understand why this option isn't just a toggle button right in Visual Studio the same way the other requirements are. For some reason, this requirement requires me to edit an xml file and I have no xml coding experience.
    Why not PM a developer here on forums. I am sure someone would give you helping hand

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Guytronic and WaveLightGames like this.
    07-15-2014 12:18 PM
    Interesting ... I just got some feedback that the game works great on a 630 with the Cyan update. Apparently Cyan has memory optimizations that should allow it to work on 512MB devices.

So if the update I submitted today doesn't restrict access then I may just leave it and suffer through a lot of bad reviews before the Cyan update comes out. Hopefully, when Cyan comes out .. there will be a reversal in that trend.
    07-15-2014 02:21 PM
    By the way, the update I pushed out today for the game allows for the player to run and shoot and includes new Bloom lighting effects (that can be enabled in the options menu).
    07-15-2014 02:23 PM
    Interesting ... I just got some feedback that the game works great on a 630 with the Cyan update. Apparently Cyan has memory optimizations that should allow it to work on 512MB devices.

So if the update I submitted today doesn't restrict access then I may just leave it and suffer through a lot of bad reviews before the Cyan update comes out. Hopefully, when Cyan comes out .. there will be a reversal in that trend.
    The 630 also has a faster processor and most likely faster memory so they could be a contributing factor. You might find it helpful to ask some 625 users for some input as they are 512MB devices and have mostly had Cyan released for them. If not, I'll happily test it on my 620 when it gets Cyan?
    07-15-2014 02:27 PM
    That would be great ... thanks.

If it is a situation where some 512 MB devices can run it and some others can't .... I guess I'll have to just put that in the description of the game. That doesn't help non-English speakers obviously but not sure what else I can do.
    07-15-2014 02:44 PM
    That would be great ... thanks.

If it is a situation where some 512 MB devices can run it and some others can't .... I guess I'll have to just put that in the description of the game. That doesn't help non-English speakers obviously but not sure what else I can do.
    Try what Sinime said in latest thread :)
    Guytronic and palandri like this.
    07-15-2014 02:46 PM
    Yep, tried that in the update I sent today. Will see if that's the solution. If not ... I'll just accept the bad feedback. It's a shame though because I'm entering Gun Frenzy in a Microsoft / Unity game development contest and I'm sure the negative feedback from people that have never even played the game is going to hurt my chances of winning. Oh well, life goes on, I suppose.
    07-15-2014 03:48 PM
    This isn't meant to sound bad, it's a genuine question - how did you manage to create an app/game without knowing how to edit XML ?

Im purely interested because I would love to learn to create apps, but also have no coding know-how
    07-15-2014 06:51 PM
    I used Unity 3D as my game development engine. If you know how to use Unity 3D and C# (or Javescript), you can do 99% of what you need to publish a game for multiple platforms (Android, iOS, Windows Store, Blackberry, etc.). There are other game engines that allow you to make games without knowing any code. For example, Unreal Engine 4 has a visual coding editor called "Blueprints" that allows you make pretty decent games without knowing any code but it doesn't support deployment to the Windows Store or Windows Phone yet.
    Detectionable likes this.
    07-16-2014 06:24 AM
30 12