The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-28-2015 09:18 AM
180 1234 ...
tools
    So sorry to here that, i just read your mail about beta, but showing not found.
    08-07-2014 07:17 PM
    It might take a couple hours for the store link to work. Try again in a few hours and let me know.
    08-07-2014 07:31 PM
    Seems to have worked when I rebuilt it. I've sent the link to those interested in playtesting. If anyone else wants to join playtesting, let me know and I'll include you in the next release.
    08-07-2014 07:32 PM
    Seems to have worked when I rebuilt it. I've sent the link to those interested in playtesting. If anyone else wants to join playtesting, let me know and I'll include you in the next release.
    downloading now
    will give u my feedback soon
    08-08-2014 12:08 AM
    Alright, I took it for a short first spin (just got up literally and had to look after our kids, so not that much time to get deeper into it as of yet).

- Texts are somewhat tiny. I'd increase the font size overall and make the text boxes scrollable.
    - the hints appearing on the top left of the screen during the game are too far left, the text is cut off.
    - it would be nice if users could somehow see what a spell (or any other action button) actually does. Like a tooltip appearing on tap or something.
    - some sound effects are a bit weak compared to others. But I think that's something you'll be working on later. Fine tuning. :)
    - Instead of having a button where the players choose their quests, I'd much prefer having sort of a journal and NPCs that give me quests.
    - the maps can be zoomed in and out completely. There needs to be a limit for how far they can be zoomed in and out (another fine tuning thing I guess).

Other than that it's looking damn awesome to me so far. :)
    Last edited by dKp1977; 08-08-2014 at 01:04 AM.
    08-08-2014 12:09 AM
    May be U can create a page at wpbeta.me to get some more beta-testers?
    08-08-2014 01:19 AM
    Is it too late to join beta? If not sign me up, this game looks amazing so far. I'd love to test.
    08-08-2014 02:01 AM
    Yeah, sure thing ... just send me your Microsoft ID via Pm and I'll add you to the next update.
    08-08-2014 05:06 AM
    Alright, I took it for a short first spin (just got up literally and had to look after our kids, so not that much time to get deeper into it as of yet).

- Texts are somewhat tiny. I'd increase the font size overall and make the text boxes scrollable.
    - the hints appearing on the top left of the screen during the game are too far left, the text is cut off.
    - it would be nice if users could somehow see what a spell (or any other action button) actually does. Like a tooltip appearing on tap or something.
    - some sound effects are a bit weak compared to others. But I think that's something you'll be working on later. Fine tuning. :)
    - Instead of having a button where the players choose their quests, I'd much prefer having sort of a journal and NPCs that give me quests.
    - the maps can be zoomed in and out completely. There needs to be a limit for how far they can be zoomed in and out (another fine tuning thing I guess).

Other than that it's looking damn awesome to me so far. :)
    Cool ... thanks for the feedback. I originally built the menus for laptop and wasn't really considering them working on the phone. Even then the menus / text sections were just quickly thrown together. They will definitely be updated. I might need some ideas on the best way to do it though. Ideally, the interface would be suitable for either phone, tablet or larger screens so as to save me from maintaining two different interfaces. It should also be visually interesting yet still intuitive. I like the story / journal approach and I think I'd like to have the option to replay existing / past levels. Not sure though ... maybe that shouldn't be allowed?
    08-08-2014 05:21 AM
    Wow, this is awesome! I'd love to help out with testing. PMing you my Microsoft account now! :D
    08-08-2014 05:33 AM
    PMing you now, eager to play/test it :D
    08-08-2014 05:38 AM
    I'd like to get input on some of the core gameplay elements. At the moment, we have a system where each warrior can move once, attack as many times as they have attacks on their profile and can perform as many special abilities as their "action points" will allow (blue mana bar next to the red life indicator). I could go with this approach but perhaps have each special ability use up one of the character's attacks? That way you could choose to perform a special attack or a normal attack. Another, more radical, option could be to have action points be used up for attacks and even movement. That way a character could use up all his action points in a turn to move really fast but not attack or attack 3 times if he stayed stationary. Let me know what you think .... I kind of like the second option but I worry that people might not understand why they are suddenly not able to attack after they move their character across the board in contact with enemy.
    08-08-2014 05:58 AM
    Anyone got the alpha working on a 512MB device yet?
    08-08-2014 06:15 AM
    Can I also get some feedback on the remaining character class?

- Centaur lancer / archer will be in the next update.
    - What do you guys think of a human male cleric character? A melee healer in heavy armour.
    - Thinking of adding a human knight (either male or female) that is both a melee fighter as well as a leader / support abilities for boosting nearby warriors. Good / bad idea?
    - Would like to add another dwarf ... perhaps just a generic dwarf warrior?
    - Halfing character of some kind? Halfling / Hobbit thief, perhaps?
    - Male Elf character ... Elf Paladin? Melee character but with limited magic abilities.

Thoughts? Any particular character class you would like? I may be able to ask one of the 3D artists I work with to make a request ... but I'm usually limited to using whatever they produce.
    08-08-2014 07:24 AM
    Cannot be installed on my phone(lumia 525)
    Error : Not able to put ur request forward or something like that
    08-08-2014 10:31 AM
    That's unusual ... let me double check that your email is in list of playtesters.
    08-08-2014 10:43 AM
    That's unusual ... let me double check that your email is in list of playtesters.
    Yeah pls check it
    08-08-2014 10:53 AM
    Can you try again and let me know the exact error message? Thanks,
    08-08-2014 10:54 AM
    Maybe get a monk/martial artist type class in there for some hand to hand + weapon melee. =)
    WaveLightGames likes this.
    08-08-2014 11:00 AM
    Any thoughts on adding a "Dwarfen Golem" as a playable character class? It would be another big bruiser type of fighter but with the ability to regenerate itself and power itself up with it's abilities.
    08-08-2014 11:01 AM
    Maybe get a monk/martial artist type class in there for some hand to hand + weapon melee. =)
    That's a cool idea ... I do have access to a Chinese monk model I could use. Not sure how good the animations are but it could be do able.
    08-08-2014 11:17 AM
    A golem sounds good. I'm positive to the self-buffing fighter idea 😎. But I think it's better called "golem" than "dwarven golem", because dwarf and golem are two separate races.
    WaveLightGames likes this.
    08-08-2014 11:17 AM
    Can you try again and let me know the exact error message? Thanks,

This time it is installed successfully
    But cannot be played
    It crashes when I click on new game button after some loading
    08-08-2014 11:20 AM
    Yeah, I'm noticing that too. Have you tried more than once? I find that sometimes it crashes and sometimes it doesn't .... I need to do some debugging to figure out the root cause of the issue. I suspect it's a memory constraint so I'm working on optimizing those levels first and then see if that fixes it.
    08-08-2014 11:26 AM
    A golem sounds good. I'm positive to the self-buffing fighter idea . But I think it's better called "golem" than "dwarven golem", because dwarf and golem are two separate races.
    Cool .... I was thinking of having dwarves be the guys that built the golems in the background. Though that is a tad clichd so perhaps not.
    08-08-2014 11:27 AM
180 1234 ...