Star Wars Commander - cross device support

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Can you play this on two different Win8 devices (PC, tablet or laptop) and it will pickup where you left off between the "like devices" - please note, I said Windows and *not* Windows Phone. I'd like to be able to play the same game between my home PC and my Surface while on the road instead of rebuilding from scratch on each device I play on.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
You're supposed to be able to play the same account on different windows devices by using your facebook login credentials. There are problems with this though, and it's just windows/windows phone. It affects iOS and Android also. There are numerous issues the developer is working on.

And just an FYI on cross-platform support, there is none. It is because Windows/Windows Phone is using Windows servers and databases, iOS and Android is using Linux. The developer made note that even though they *could* make the two platforms talk, they stated they will still be no cross-platform support due to "other" issues. When reading the forums a little deeper, those other issues involve license agreements and/or security.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure about the Windows to Windows support but I will try when I get home.

I do know it works between Windows Phone and Windows. I started on my 1520 and then installed on my Dell V8P tablet and, using the same login, both devices will pick up where the other left off.

Like jlzimmermen said, us Windows people can't play with/against iOS and Android users. I think this is good considering they had a head start on us.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I installed it on my laptop. After the tutorial, I signed in with my Facebook account and it loaded my game right up and synced my progress with no problems.

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Cool, thank you for the heads-up that it requires the FB login. Strange we can't rely on our Windows Live account though...maybe in a later update...

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
All Disney games I have seen use Facebook logins. I would like to use my Live account as well but at least we won't lose progress if we have to reinstall for some reason.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found a fix for using Facebook login? I'd like to play on my WinRT tablet while I wait for a replacement WP...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans