Hello good people,

I'm starting this thread specifically to address the performance problems in Gunhouse (available for free in the Store in most countries)

There are quite a few things I can do (and many I can't do, based on my time), but since we were limited in the amount of WP devices available to test, I'd like to know exactly when you feel the lag:

- Is is a overall lag or is it variable, say, it gets worse as the game progresses?
    - Does it seem to vanish at the end of each turn (when the "door" opens to the blocks)?
    - Do certain attacks seem to affect it more?
    - Are some levels more laggy than others?

Please note the main test phone is a 520, so I'm more interested in other WP devices.

I want to use this feedback to deploy some changes to the code and see it there are improvements. I might also do a "high-memory" profile for 1Gb+ phones that will prevent the caching that is creating the lag - but I'd rather have the improvements in all devices.
    01-03-2015 03:37 PM
    Hello good people,

I'm starting this thread specifically to address the performance problems in Gunhouse (available for free in the Store in most countries)

There are quite a few things I can do (and many I can't do, based on my time), but since we were limited in the amount of WP devices available to test, I'd like to know exactly when you feel the lag:

- Is is a overall lag or is it variable, say, it gets worse as the game progresses?
    - Does it seem to vanish at the end of each turn (when the "door" opens to the blocks)?
    - Do certain attacks seem to affect it more?
    - Are some levels more laggy than others?

Please note the main test phone is a 520, so I'm more interested in other WP devices.

I want to use this feedback to deploy some changes to the code and see it there are improvements. I might also do a "high-memory" profile for 1Gb+ phones that will prevent the caching that is creating the lag - but I'd rather have the improvements in all devices.
    You should forward that to the developers. I'm playing on the 8X and know not of which lag you speak.
    01-06-2015 07:01 PM
    Ups, I think I left a line out of the post - I'm the developer of Gunhouse for Windows Phone (ie. I did the port + the added gameplay features).

But glad to hear the lag isn't a worry in all devices :)
    01-08-2015 08:27 AM
    I have not noticed any lag at all with your game using the Lumia Icon (US version of 930) running Windows Phone 8.0. In fact it is quite smooth.
    01-08-2015 08:35 AM