Help me figure out performance problems in Gunhouse

Takashi Omoto

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello good people,

I'm starting this thread specifically to address the performance problems in Gunhouse (available for free in the Store in most countries)

There are quite a few things I can do (and many I can't do, based on my time), but since we were limited in the amount of WP devices available to test, I'd like to know exactly when you feel the lag:

- Is is a overall lag or is it variable, say, it gets worse as the game progresses?
- Does it seem to vanish at the end of each turn (when the "door" opens to the blocks)?
- Do certain attacks seem to affect it more?
- Are some levels more laggy than others?

Please note the main test phone is a 520, so I'm more interested in other WP devices.

I want to use this feedback to deploy some changes to the code and see it there are improvements. I might also do a "high-memory" profile for 1Gb+ phones that will prevent the caching that is creating the lag - but I'd rather have the improvements in all devices.

Andre-Omari John

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello good people,

I'm starting this thread specifically to address the performance problems in Gunhouse (available for free in the Store in most countries)

There are quite a few things I can do (and many I can't do, based on my time), but since we were limited in the amount of WP devices available to test, I'd like to know exactly when you feel the lag:

- Is is a overall lag or is it variable, say, it gets worse as the game progresses?
- Does it seem to vanish at the end of each turn (when the "door" opens to the blocks)?
- Do certain attacks seem to affect it more?
- Are some levels more laggy than others?

Please note the main test phone is a 520, so I'm more interested in other WP devices.

I want to use this feedback to deploy some changes to the code and see it there are improvements. I might also do a "high-memory" profile for 1Gb+ phones that will prevent the caching that is creating the lag - but I'd rather have the improvements in all devices.

You should forward that to the developers. I'm playing on the 8X and know not of which lag you speak.

Takashi Omoto

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Ups, I think I left a line out of the post - I'm the developer of Gunhouse for Windows Phone (ie. I did the port + the added gameplay features).

But glad to hear the lag isn't a worry in all devices :)

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have not noticed any lag at all with your game using the Lumia Icon (US version of 930) running Windows Phone 8.0. In fact it is quite smooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes