Xbox is dead! Face it!

TheFryerD

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
We all hope that Xbox on Windows Phone isn't dead, but the sad truth is that it is and has been. Less and less games come out as time goes on. Microsoft doesn't care about it so why should we? We need to give up the expectation of having those Xbox titles because that's holding back apps and updates from coming to us sooner.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have opened up a few times in which I think the one area universal apps will actually make a huge difference will be gaming. If a developer can make an XBOX game app, and get it across Windows 10 and Windows 10 for phone as well, that can only improve gaming on mobile.

If you are refering to XBOX Live intergration as being dead- maybe. Much like Rooms and Hubs, this feature needs to be utilized by users to get it off the ground. People like XBOX Live intergration, but it never really hit the criticle mass it needs to for it to be a mobile break away hit.

We just need more and better gaming options. Live is not all that needed in my book.

Moved this from "Off Topic Lounge" due to subject matter.

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
We all hope that Xbox on Windows Phone isn't dead, but the sad truth is that it is and has been. Less and less games come out as time goes on. Microsoft doesn't care about it so why should we? We need to give up the expectation of having those Xbox titles because that's holding back apps and updates from coming to us sooner.

Glad you diluted yourself into thinking that. Hopefully you can now live a happier life.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Having Xbox is a neat little feature to have but I do not let it dictate my choice of games.

If I did, I wouldn't be able to enjoy great games like Dungeon Hunter 4, GTA San Andreas, Star Wars Commander and many many more.

Perhaps with Windows 10 we may see more Xbox certified games but it's not a necessity.

TheFryerD

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I think Microsoft needs to let indie devs make Xbox games for WP, I've seen lots of games that are good enough to be Xbox compatible.

Theseuskhan

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
They own a large market share and have a os designed to go ott in a few improvements. They can surpass ps4 easily, they have halo. Also u can plug a ps into the back and snapview it, try not to be.****** and just own both. Im ex pc user x

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

DrExK

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I don't think so. I still play GTA5 on my xbox 360. it's not drop dead gorgeous, but the gameplay is the same as the Windows or Xbox One version. well, mostly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon