Can you recommend a headset/microphone for me? We had a Microsoft LifeChat LX-6000 for Business but it is breaking. We have a wide list of uses if its possible to meet them all in one headset.
    PC gaming (my son plays a lot of Steam games).
    XBOX One gaming (if possible, he could use it for both PC & XBOX)
    Skype (wife uses Skype a lot for business purposes)
    Recording audio for PowerPoint presentations and podcasts (wife is going to be doing more of these in the future for her wellness coaching company) the laptop built-in microphone sound muddy

Wireless isnt all that important. And maybe we should be looking at more than one solution (one for gaming; one for recording) but was curious what you thought.
    04-24-2015 01:38 PM
    some laptops have either a dedicated mic jack or a dual mic/headphone jack. not all, but some for sure.

As for looking for a single device that does it all, the recorder part seems like the 1 you may have trouble finding. Granted, you can look for a "Field Recorder" from companies like Tascam or Zoom. That'll let you record quality audio.
    some laptops have either a dedicated mic jack or a dual mic/headphone jack. not all, but some for sure.

As for looking for a single device that does it all, the recorder part seems like the 1 you may have trouble finding. Granted, you can look for a "Field Recorder" from companies like Tascam or Zoom. That'll let you record quality audio.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-24-2015 01:45 PM