Crossy Road - Just a badly optimised port, or is it the Lumia 640XL that's underperforming?

Satyendra Nair

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just installed that game (quite addicted to it ever since I spent hours of my summer vacation playing it) on my 640XL and it is not quite running the way it was on a friend's HTC 816G+, or my Lumia 920. Also, the shadows are disabled and there's no option to turn them on.

So I have these questions -

- Is it because I am using it on Windows 10 for phone (latest build) ?
- Is the game a poorly optimized for Windows Phone?
- Is my Lumia 640XL unable to handle it even though it does very well at handling more graphic intensive games (eg: Dead Trigger 2, Asphalt 8, etc)

This is quite important to know for me. It makes me uneasy knowing that my two week old phone cannot handle this game properly.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just installed that game (quite addicted to it ever since I spent hours of my summer vacation playing it) on my 640XL and it is not quite running the way it was on a friend's HTC 816G+, or my Lumia 920. Also, the shadows are disabled and there's no option to turn them on.

So I have these questions -

- Is it because I am using it on Windows 10 for phone (latest build) ?
- Is the game a poorly optimized for Windows Phone?
- Is my Lumia 640XL unable to handle it even though it does very well at handling more graphic intensive games (eg: Dead Trigger 2, Asphalt 8, etc)

This is quite important to know for me. It makes me uneasy knowing that my two week old phone cannot handle this game properly.
Swipe up from the bottom to remove the navigation bar and the game will run fine. It happens on my 735 too.

Your 640xl will be able to handle graphic intensive games but I wouldn't recommend putting the settings on maximum

Satyendra Nair

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Swipe up from the bottom to remove the navigation bar and the game will run fine. It happens on my 735 too.

Your 640xl will be able to handle graphic intensive games but I wouldn't recommend putting the settings on maximum

I already have done that. Doesn't work; it still has problems with touch responsiveness, and lags. I have played tons of other games on this phone ever since I got it two weeks back, and this is the first game in the 'casual endless runner' category that lagged. Then came the Tomb Raider endless runner. :/

About Dead Trigger and games as such in the graphic intensive category, I have faced absolutely no problems. :/

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I already have done that. Doesn't work; it still has problems with touch responsiveness, and lags. I have played tons of other games on this phone ever since I got it two weeks back, and this is the first game in the 'casual endless runner' category that lagged. Then came the Tomb Raider endless runner. :/

About Dead Trigger and games as such in the graphic intensive category, I have faced absolutely no problems. :/
It's probably just a bad port then. I've faced problems with tomb raider too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro