Would this method for getting Pokemon Go on a Windows Phone work?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

There is a website providing steps for the apk of Pok?mon Go to be taken from Android and used in Windows Mobile 10. I am not very familiar with all this so I wanted someone else's response to this. It does not let me post the link to the website sadly without it being marked as spam so I'm just curious if this would work anyway. Thankyou! :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. APKs on Windows 10 Mobile was an experiment that was mothballed months ago.

2. Malware can and has been introduced to these APKs, Pokemon Go especially. It's not everywhere and it's not guaranteed to happen but sideloading like that represents a risk because a site or otherwise unscrupulous entity can add bad things and repackage it with no one the wiser.

3. If it claims to run on W10M, I will call it a hoax or a scam and I would wager more than the Lumia 650 I have riding on Pokemon Go's availability.

jerreldulay

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
As a developer for all mobile platforms, I can tell you with absolute certainty that it is impossible to simply copy and paste an android game onto your windows phone. It is guaranteed to be a scam. Windows phone simply does not physically have the components in the OS to allow many features of complex Android games, as Microsoft enforces the use of their own methods and solutions. That makes it extremely difficult to port games that use technology involving networking, multiplayer, and server/client interactions. Windows phone also is not physically capable of reading, writing, sending, and storing data the same way that Android games do.

I use the same development environment software that Pokemon Go was created with, so I can tell you absolute certainty. Anyone claiming you can load an APK of Go onto your phone is scamming you and you WILL get some bad software onto your phone.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786