Xbox one X or Ps4 Pro

Yuvvraj707

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I want to buy a console but confused between Xbox One X and Ps4 Pro.

I heard rumours that Microsoft is going to leave Xbox console market and kill the Xbox?

Is it true?

Please could you help me to choose the best console?

Thanks

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I want to buy a console but confused between Xbox One X and Ps4 Pro.

I heard rumours that Microsoft is going to leave Xbox console market and kill the Xbox?

Is it true?

Please could you help me to choose the best console?

Thanks

No, Microsoft is not leaving the console market. That is just patently absurd as the Xbox division has acquired a fair number of new studios.

Most importantly, on what console do people in your social circle play?

If simple specs are more important then get the xbox one x as it's miles better than the PS4 pro when it comes to 4K Native gaming. In regards to 4k gaming, you also get the free 4k treatment with red dead redemption which is an xbox 360 title as well as some other games. However you will need a 4K TV to play on 4K.

In addition, you can play three generations of xbox games on the one x whereas you can't with the PS4 pro. As you are limited to the PS4 streaming service to play older games that are on that service.

In regards to Xbox Game pass, there are rumours that Microsoft is in talks with Nintendo to bring it to the switch. So that adds another element of value to that service and by extension to the xbox one x.

The other advantages are:
  • xbox play anywhere
  • cross play support
  • keyboard and mouse support
  • Furthermore you can use your Xbox controller to play on the PC as well without having to resort to tinkering around with software. As the PS4 pads are not exactly plug and play friendly.

One of notable advantages for me in regards to xbox is that you can add free DLC and other goodies to your Microsoft account via the xbox app, browser or store app without having a xbox live subscription, suchas the Crackdown 3 Free Bonus DLC. So when I do get the Crackdown 3 game the DLC is already added to my account.

The disadvantages with the Xbox One X is that the hard drive is not easily removable, so your only option to expand the storage is to buy an external hard drive and plug it in via USB. Unless, you wish open up the console to upgrade the hard drive.

Secondly no VR support as of yet however that may change in the future, but that is just speculative at this point. On the other hand you have VR Support on the PS4 Pro which gives you somewhat an affordable point of entry to VR gaming.

Thirdly, this could have been addressed but I'm not sure (I've not had the chance to fire up the xbox oneto check) - there is an issue with managing Xbox 360 and Xbox OG cloud saves as you can't delete them.

Objectively speaking, I would not have any issues recommended the Xbox One X in terms replay value alone as you can look at backwards compatible game and most likely you would be able to get that game for a few cents or a few dollars. I bought the Red Dead Redemption for £1 pre-owned in almost mint conditions.

Subjectively, I would say get the console that most people in your social circle play as you will be able to enjoy the console more. Unless you prefer gaming solo and don't care about online/social gaming. There are days I just want to play a good ole RTS or something like Dead Nation on Ultra Hard difficulty solo.

Yuvvraj707

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
thank you for the reply.

My social network has Ps4 but I don’t think they like games which i love to play like: fifa, wwe or pubg.

So, you are saying get an Xbox one X is the best option?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
There's no way MS will kill Xbox, that's for sure. As much as I love the Xbox (I have a One S) I would actually say go with the PS4 Pro. If only for the fact that you get more exclusives and Sony will most likely support the country you are in, MS won't. But MS does have the superb Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass is great (when you can sign up for it from an unsupported country) and I do love the Forza racing series too.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
thank you for the reply.

My social network has Ps4 but I don’t think they like games which i love to play like: fifa, wwe or pubg.

So, you are saying get an Xbox one X is the best option?

Well, do they play fifa, wwe or pubg or similiar games?

As these are wide spanning genres lol.

Xbox One X in your case would be best option if you wish to play solo and with random people on the internet.

The best way to look at it is that once you get bored playing solo what other games do you want to play and would you rather play with your social circle or don't mind it at all.

As at the end of the day it's your time and you have to decide how you spend it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos