xbox live gold vs zune pass

subarunut

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have been making my head spin trying to figure this out. I have had a zune pass for years and LOVE IT. I got a Focus back in november and LOVE IT and have it surving my Focus and my Zune120 all the great music that the zune marketplace gets.

My mom loved my Focus so much, she ditched her iPhone as well for a Focus and loves it. She got a xbox and has signed up for a xbox live account, but I don't remember her siging up for a zune pass, assisde from the free 3 months.

When I was last I noticed she seems to only be subscribed for a xbox live gold account and is getting zune pass content and the 10free/month. Is it suposed to work this way?

Because I just got a Xbox 360 w/ kinect and if I can just get a xbox live gold and drop zune pass, that would be much better for me. but if not, i will have to seriously consider if the xbox live gold is really worth the $$$ for the little gaming (asside from kinect games) we are going to do.

Already have Netflix though my windows media center so that won't be a consideration, and with their recient BS re-alignment of pricing and making our account 1.5x more, we may not keep netflix at all.

Thanks, I hope that made sence.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I had XBOX Gold pass before I got Zune I had to pay for Zune to get it working. If you have XBOX gold you can use your Zune pass to play music on your XBOX.

NateShowww

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I have been making my head spin trying to figure this out. I have had a zune pass for years and LOVE IT. I got a Focus back in november and LOVE IT and have it surving my Focus and my Zune120 all the great music that the zune marketplace gets.

My mom loved my Focus so much, she ditched her iPhone as well for a Focus and loves it. She got a xbox and has signed up for a xbox live account, but I don't remember her siging up for a zune pass, assisde from the free 3 months.

When I was last I noticed she seems to only be subscribed for a xbox live gold account and is getting zune pass content and the 10free/month. Is it suposed to work this way?

Because I just got a Xbox 360 w/ kinect and if I can just get a xbox live gold and drop zune pass, that would be much better for me. but if not, i will have to seriously consider if the xbox live gold is really worth the $$$ for the little gaming (asside from kinect games) we are going to do.

Already have Netflix though my windows media center so that won't be a consideration, and with their recient BS re-alignment of pricing and making our account 1.5x more, we may not keep netflix at all.

Thanks, I hope that made sence.

More than likely she is getting billed a monthly fee for both XBL Gold and the Zune Pass. You should have her check into it and see if she is getting billed for both.

Having Gold does not replace the Zune pass you do have to have both. With the Gold membership it is easy to find 12 month cards for cheaper than what MS charges. Just do a Amazon search or the usual places to find a good deal. You never know maybe you will get hooked with online console gaming.

JohnC#WP

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Buy a yearly xbox live gold. It's usually $60 (one time yearly) or $120 (monthly), but I've found some online for $35. I wish Zune had the same deal, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Zune Pass does have a yearly subscription level. It's $149.90. Granted it's not as cheap as Xbox Live Gold membership, but you do save $30 if you forego paying for the service per month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)