just got an xBox

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
so.... tell me again how to get a WP7 for my Avatar?

I got the xBox and the Kinect, so I have Fable III, Halo something, Gunstringer, Fruit Ninja, Kinect Adventures, and the wife bought me Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.

so far I have only played the Kinect adventures, and it was pretty amazing.

I'm 32 years old, and I haven't been into video games since I got tired of my Super NES. The kids have a Wii, but I never liked that thing. All I have done thus far is set up the xBox, and I cannot wait to get home to play the games.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
So glad you're enjoying your new XBox mike.mike. :)

Unfortunately the WP avatar prop seems to have been a limited time offer on the US dashboard.
(It wasn't even released in Europe)

It used to be an advert on the dashboard telling you about Windows Phone and your avatar jumped into the advert. It was very cool.

Don't think you can get it any more though. :(

There was also another code that you could get with the WP Beards & Beaks game, alas I think it's long gone too.

Here's a video showing how to get the prop at the time. (Contains Swearing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqeikkGtGxA

Here's the Birds & Beaks Avatar Prop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIDI0_XK_44

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
At 56, I sort of missed the gaming generation. But I had to get an XBox/Kinect earlier this month anyway for t better understand how things work. Have played the Adventurers games with Kinect and they are amazing. Kinect leaves a little to be desired for basic navigation, but it will get there.

Some of the available apps are really sweet. Already signed up for Netflix and the new YouTube app is very nice. XBox is not just for gaming anymore.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
hmmm, well the other day I was showing my kids the avatar on my phone and he randomly pulled out a WP7 and threw it in the air and caught it, but then next time he didn't have it anymore

Brunothesheep

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine did the same. I was quite tickled about that, she flipped it from hand to hand and the likes. Now it's gone and I'm a sad panda =(

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte