Objective 20K G

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so my current Gamerscore is 13567.

I'm asking myself if it's possible for me to hit the magical milestone of 20K before Xbox One hits my doorstep.

Maybe I'll pick up Grid 2 to play with for a while. Any other suggestions for a middle aged old guy like myself?

Running update: 13,792

29 July
GRID 2
10G - Quantum Leap
15G - Beginner's Luck
10G - That New Showroom Smell
15G - Pinball Wizard
15G - Mo Money, No Problems
10G - Winging It
30G - Pedal To The Metal
10G - A Vision of What's to Come
10G - T3XT M3SSAG1NG I5 GR8
10G - Sideways Shenanigans
15G - SWAGtastic!
5G - Here's My Number, Call Me Maybe?

30 July
GRID 2
15G - Oriental Express
15G - C-C-C-Combo Maker
15G - Ring Master
10G - The Artist
15G - Internet Famous
10G - Quantum Leap

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This could make a good series - document your journey up to 20K Gamerscore for us!

Ha. It would be a tough ask, I'm not as young as I once was and can't really dedicate a whole lot of time to xboxing. I can usually manage about 500-700G per game, if it's not too difficult and there's not too much grind. I tend not to try for the online cheevos as I'm not good online (I tend to die often and don't know what I should be doing).

I'll see what I can do though.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you're picking up the free Xbox gold live games from now till Xbox one release. If they're harder or more intense than your liking, at least you'd be able to get some achievements. Usually fighting and racing games are the easiest for achievements.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, fighting games are usually not too bad, but I think most racing games call for a lot of time to get the GS out of them.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
20k... I can't even remember what games I was playing then ;) Currently sitting at 47797. I hope to get over 50K before I get a XBOX One ;)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hmm.. Avatar TLA is being sold in my local Game for ?13 and being sold on eBay for ?20 (high price because of easy 1K). Much as I want to be purist and play "proper" games, this is tempting...

I picked up a free Windows game yesterday, had a play with it, didn't understand it and gave up before I got any achievements for it.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmm.. Avatar TLA is being sold in my local Game for ?13 and being sold on eBay for ?20 (high price because of easy 1K). Much as I want to be purist and play "proper" games, this is tempting...

STAY AWAY! Don't soil your Gamercard!

I am currently sitting at 44,383. I don't play solely for pts, but play a lot for completion percentage and also achievement difficulty; so I don't play trash games like that or NHL 2k6.

But I nearly got all of Tomb Raiders achievements on a full day of lazy gaming. Could easily get it in a week or two.
Doritos Crash Course (1 and 2) are free and fun and kind of easy. Only ~600 pts between the two however.
But I am a big fan of the Left 4 Dead series...have over 1000 in each, and the 1st couple hundred pop decently easy.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
This will depend a LOT on your level of completion on games which you already own. In my case, I am at 49,326 of 116,000 or so (not on my Xbox dashboard, so cannot check). My goal is to get my level of completion back over 50% like it was, meaning I have to get to about 58,000 without getting ANY new games. It's one thing that I have HATED about Xbox Achievements, that they hold it against you if you do not buy DLC. Despite the fact that I have not purchased any map packs since Halo 3, they put the GamerScore for DLC on my profile and count it against my progress. In the cases of Halo 4 and Black Ops II, they have an extra 1,000 GamerScore EACH in DLC. So, if I get every Achievement from those titles' launch list, I'm only 50% complete with those games (they both have 2,000 GamerScore each now). It irritates me to no end.

That, and I hate that people played games I never played on my profile, and they earned JUST enough GamerScore to have those games left on my profile (if you have 0 GamerScore from a game, you can delete it from your profile). That means I have to go play DJ Hero and its sequel, if I want to get my completion percentage back up like I want.

Anyway, good luck on your quest; it'll be much shorter than mine, I think.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyway, good luck on your quest; it'll be much shorter than mine, I think.

Have you ever checked out TrueAchievements.com?

I used to use the site daily, but a mod pissed me off and deleted a solution I'd spent a couple hours on because they were on a power trip... so I don't go back as often but it is still a great site for information like that.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's looking like 15K is a more realistic goal for me (850G to go). There's no way now that I'll get to 20K without turning into a complete Xbox slave for the next couple of months.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
From your name, I would assume you are a Portal fan. If you need anyone to do any online achievements, give ne a shout. Love those games. A friend told me King Kong was a good game and an easy 1000. He was a complete gamerscore *****, he was on over 215k last time I checked. Things like Fable may be a struggle as they are long games. Like the guy above said, putting Avatar in your game history is up to you. I would love to see the stats for that game, I bet they had approx 20 x more played it than they sold.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I'm not a Portal fan, the gamertag comes from my photography background (enthusiast, not professional) and my domain name. Saints Row 4 has got a little boring for me, so I'm looking forward to GTA tomorrow evening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon