Cloud computing provides massive boost to Forza team

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hope it would help with other games AI as well. Especially many shooters often have both the friendly and enemy AI as quite dumb.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Not related to Forza but didn't want to start another thread. Here's how cloud lighting can benefit a game. It's pretty amazing. Even at 200ms latency you can barely tell there's a difference. It's not until they show the 500ms latency demo where you see how the lighting lags behind the rendering.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
As crazy as it sounds, Forza is probably the best exclusive series Xbox could have ever gotten. Halo is the most popular, but no other franchise pushes the boundaries like Forza.

When you're making a full out simulator, you have to give it everything you got. I watch Formula 1 events and Le Mans on TV, and there are constantly references to the game. It's not a game, but a professional simulator.

One of the most important things when driving a real car is being able to look out the windows to see your surroundings and the turns you are approaching. Forza is the only driving simulator to let you do that.

Check it out. This is what a simulation should be like: Forza 4 CSR Elite Drift Fujimi Kaido B Reverse - YouTube

The way everything handles is how it would in real life, with force-feedback not only on the steering wheel, but also on the pedals too!

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep! I have actually done this setup before with Forza 3. Minus the Steering wheel. But I think it is a super cool feature. I used three 23 inch monitors. I have always wanted to try it with 40+ inch TVs to make it feel like i'm more in a vehicle. The only thing is at least with the Xbox 360 you must have one copy of the game and one console per screen. Which is expensive (unless you have a family where everyone has the own Xbox). I hope they figure out a way to use the multiscreen feature with just one Xbox One.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yep! I have actually done this setup before with Forza 3. Minus the Steering wheel. But I think it is a super cool feature. I used three 23 inch monitors. I have always wanted to try it with 40+ inch TVs to make it feel like i'm more in a vehicle. The only thing is at least with the Xbox 360 you must have one copy of the game and one console per screen. Which is expensive (unless you have a family where everyone has the own Xbox). I hope they figure out a way to use the multiscreen feature with just one Xbox One.

The funny part is that the steering wheel + pedals setup costs more than the 3 consoles and 3 copies of games haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea