Anyone feel the same about people and XBox One?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I know what he is saying also. Here is the reason.

Arguing is one of humans most loved passions. The particular topic is really irrelevant. If we didn't have things like technology, politics, religion, etc, etc we would argue on what color that blob of ... whatever is growing on a rock.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I know what he is saying also. Here is the reason.

Arguing is one of humans most loved passions. The particular topic is really irrelevant. If we didn't have things like technology, politics, religion, etc, etc we would argue on what color that blob of ... whatever is growing on a rock.

There is arguing and spirited discussions. Then there is losing all perspective on what is rational and what isn't. I think the criticism against MS about the Xbox One was warranted. I don't think it has anything to do with turning against a "hero." No matter how much you enjoy a product and think the company providing the product is customer friendly, you should always keep in mind that a company is first and foremost out for themselves. And if their direction is one that doesn't fit yours, then you can do either one of two things: stop using the product or make a big stink until there is some compromise that is more favorable to you as the consumer.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I see the point here. But, this kind of image coming from a journalist is pretty provocative in nature since it reinforces a negative image of the product (strapline is telling people how to think).

It's this kind of thing that really hurt Surface RT (tech blogs spreading their confusion and misunderstanding to the masses).

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I feel the same way about people and Microsoft. Almost everyone has grown up with Microsoft products. They have been a part of our lives for a long time and as far as I can tell, they were products we loved.

How do people not have faith in one of the most experienced tech companies in the world? They know what they are doing more than Apple or Google...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
You sort of answered your own question I feel Robert, I feel a lot of it is just about the fact that they've been around longer than a lot of people who uses the tech in the first place. Windows for example simply isn't "cool", but very few will actually question how important it is or say it's necessarily bad or anything, it just is too "basic" now for many people.

On the other hand, I feel Microsoft sort of sports many images depending on the division and each of those divisions sorta fight their own battles. I mean that WP for example is often just discarded in most peoples heads over Android and iPhone, but then again Xbox and Windows are marketleaders, pretty much. Now it's just cool to dislike the new Xbox so people jump on the bandwagon. PS3 was in a similar'ish situation when it came out, though. Then we have Windows, which I feel is quite self explanatory too. It's just so default part of modern life already that it has lost any shine it potentially has had, but at the same time only the most hardcore hipsters will try to talk down the importance of Windows :D

And with the whole new "8"-thing going on I feel they are trying to unify the image more and make it feel more like a one product. When you quickly think about it, it sometimes feels even weird that it's the same company behind all three products I mentioned. I love WP but the WP team seems painfully inefficient and slow at doing anything.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm holding off my judgments about the slowness of the WP team until WP 8.1. I think that Windows 8.1 was a great update that was more than most people were expecting.

I also think that the GDR updates could possibly be a sign of big changes to come in Windows Phone 8.1. If big changes are coming, then maybe a lot of stuff they could have added in the GDR updates would have been overwritten, broken, or made useless with the coming changes in 8.1.

For example, if they redid the entire Xbox Music system for Windows Phone 8.1, what would be the point in updating it for the old system in GDR2 or GDR3? I think there might be a lot of scenarios like this that just simply didn't make sense for them to implement because of how different things are going to be in Windows Phone 8.1.

Until Windows Phone 8.1 gets released, this is the way I'm looking at it.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I find the concept of an inanimate object as a hero is disturbing.

Hero's should inspire, should be people you look up to and have done great things for humanity, not objects. The concept of hero phones, hero companies and now even hero consoles is such a poor journalistic turn of phrase it belittles the term and people who are actually considered hero's by many.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I find the concept of an inanimate object as a hero is disturbing.

Hero's should inspire, should be people you look up to and have done great things for humanity, not objects. The concept of hero phones, hero companies and now even hero consoles is such a poor journalistic turn of phrase it belittles the term and people who are actually considered hero's by many.

Side note: They could remake the TV series with some bad*** characters

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise