New Sharing Features Return to Xbox One

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Xbox Wire

Family Members can create accounts using one single Xbox Gold membership for one single console.

All games downloaded to a console are available for any account to play. (Currently on Xbox 360, the publisher decides if this is allowed)

If you sign into a different console at a friend's house, your friend will be able to enjoy the benefits of a Gold membership until you sign out.

Bonus: The same account can be logged into an Xbox One and an Xbox 360 at the same time!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, I don't think most of this was even questionable? But I guess it's good to know that other accounts can play digitally purchases games as well on the local console. Stil hoping to see family sharing return for digital games and then I'd need to hope that all of my friends who get the X1 would go purely digital and join da family :D

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, I don't think most of this was even questionable? But I guess it's good to know that other accounts can play digitally purchases games as well on the local console. Stil hoping to see family sharing return for digital games and then I'd need to hope that all of my friends who get the X1 would go purely digital and join da family :D

I think you might want to read the official article. None of these things were expected because it's quite different from current implementations. Maybe I didn't explain it enough lol

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
The main difference from current policy (besides being able to purchase from another's X1) seems to be the fact that you only need one gold account to play online if everyone in the family is going to use the same console. That is good for me as my son and I share one console but I guess those with multiple X1s in the house would have to log in with the game purchaser's gamertag to play from other than the main console or have multiple gold accounts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon