Will you get the same game for both 360 and X1?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I plan on getting cod: ghosts for both consoles. I'll get the regular edition through GameStop for the 360 and then the Prestige Edition through Amazon for the x1.

Anyone else plan on doing the same for any game?

I will be doing this as the x1 will be released (according to rumors), after the new cod is supposed to be released.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
This is an easy one for me... I don't have a 360! :D

But I guess I might (if I had a 360) seeing that the finnish release date for X1 was pushed to 2014, so it could be a long wait otherwise.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I plan on getting cod: ghosts for both consoles. I'll get the regular edition through GameStop for the 360 and then the Prestige Edition through Amazon for the x1.

Anyone else plan on doing the same for any game?

I will be doing this as the x1 will be released (according to rumors), after the new cod is supposed to be released.

Yea, I will be getting COD Ghosts for the 360 then the X1, I want to play some of my friends and family that will be getting it on release as we can't do Cross platform chat or multi-player (still sucks).

What I think I am going to do to save a little cash, I am going to get the COD:Ghosts on release day for the 360 from Gamestop, They have a promo that if you buy a game from them, you can get $50 credit towards a X1/PS4 version (so, it will cost you $9.99 to upgrade to the X1 version).

So, I will use it for about a month, do multi-player, play the single player, etc, then I will return to Gamestop to get my X1 version even if I don't have the X1 by then (Pretty sure I will), so in my eyes, I am renting the game for a month for $10.

I know once all my friends get the X1 and Ghosts for it, I will never touch the 360 version again, so might as well get the version I want with out having to spend $120($59.99 for 360 and $59.99 for the X1) on 1 game ..

BTW, that gamestop offer expires on 12/31, so you can use the game till the end of December before you have to turn it in...

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I will be getting COD Ghosts for the 360 then the X1, I want to play some of my friends and family that will be getting it on release as we can't do Cross platform chat or multi-player (still sucks).

What I think I am going to do to save a little cash, I am going to get the COD:Ghosts on release day for the 360 from Gamestop, They have a promo that if you buy a game from them, you can get $50 credit towards a X1/PS4 version (so, it will cost you $9.99 to upgrade to the X1 version).

So, I will use it for about a month, do multi-player, play the single player, etc, then I will return to Gamestop to get my X1 version even if I don't have the X1 by then (Pretty sure I will), so in my eyes, I am renting the game for a month for $10.

I know once all my friends get the X1 and Ghosts for it, I will never touch the 360 version again, so might as well get the version I want with out having to spend $120($59.99 for 360 and $59.99 for the X1) on 1 game ..

BTW, that gamestop offer expires on 12/31, so you can use the game till the end of December before you have to turn it in...
That's what sparked my question.

Through my job, I get gift cards but for amazon and bestbuy as well as others, just not gamestop. I'm unable to participate, especially since I want the prestige edition. I'll sell it or give it to my nephews.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it. Here's how I see it:

With the way things are looking now, I probably won't get an Xbox One until the middle of 2014. The only game coming out between now and then that I might get on 360 is Ghosts--there just aren't other titles that grab my attention, and I have plenty to play as it is (especially with the Games with Gold promotion). By the middle of 2014, we SHOULD have an idea of the release date of Halo 5 (as well as if it will make it to 360). I'm thinking that by then, I'll have some of my games wrapped up, and need new things to do. I won't re-buy Ghosts, especially if the pass-through option is there to play. I don't know anyone getting the One as of now, and the main people I play with (my brother-in-law and cousin) won't be, to my knowledge. In that instance, I'd rather play the 360 version of the game, so I have people to play with.

So no, I can't think of any games that I would purchase on both consoles. It just seems like the most colossal waste of money.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it. Here's how I see it:

With the way things are looking now, I probably won't get an Xbox One until the middle of 2014. The only game coming out between now and then that I might get on 360 is Ghosts--there just aren't other titles that grab my attention, and I have plenty to play as it is (especially with the Games with Gold promotion). By the middle of 2014, we SHOULD have an idea of the release date of Halo 5 (as well as if it will make it to 360). I'm thinking that by then, I'll have some of my games wrapped up, and need new things to do. I won't re-buy Ghosts, especially if the pass-through option is there to play. I don't know anyone getting the One as of now, and the main people I play with (my brother-in-law and cousin) won't be, to my knowledge. In that instance, I'd rather play the 360 version of the game, so I have people to play with.

So no, I can't think of any games that I would purchase on both consoles. It just seems like the most colossal waste of money.

Those that have that trade-up program through BestBuy IMO lose $10 to have to ability to play on both systems and be up to date with stats.

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I am probably getting Battlefield 4 for x360 and then upgrade to X1 version when I get that console.

I was going to wait but they recently announced that all stats will migrate from x360 over to X1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss