The game you loved, but most people hated?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Inspired by James Falconer's thread about your favorite game of all time, I had another random question -

What is a game you loved that most people thought was awful?

For me its Too Human. Game was BLASTED by media and gamers (most against Silicon Knights and Dennis Dyack in particular). It had its fair share of bugs and idiosyncracies, but man did I think that game was fun. I think I put like 60+ hours into that game before 'moving on.'

Loved the story, loved the gun gameplay, loved the norse mythology mixed with futuristic tech stuff. I would've totally purchased and played the next two games in the trilogy had they come out...

So, what game do you love that, more than likely, we probably hated...

Last edited:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Far Cry 3. I loved that game, but all my friends hated it. Forza Horizon I thought was a lot of fun, but my friends all sold there's cause "Forza 4 was better". I kinda agree, but Horizon was fun too!

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Far Cry 3. I loved that game, but all my friends hated it. Forza Horizon I thought was a lot of fun, but my friends all sold there's cause "Forza 4 was better". I kinda agree, but Horizon was fun too!

I loved FC3 too, you have some strange friends lol

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Amped 3. That's when the series took a more arcadey approach. I thought it was really good despite lacking in certain areas, namely online play. I also liked Amped 2 as well but felt that 3 was a good chance of pace.

m3kk

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Old game called The Harvester :p
Who doesn't like fc3?

I also enjoy bulletstorm and small soldiers (psx) my first real mp experience! It was awesome!

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I really loved Alan Wake, although the two other guys I knew who played it got really bored with it quick. It wasn't so much that I liked the game play, it was the story that I really loved. It was covered with mystery and intrigue. The Bright Falls videos (Episode 1 shown as example below) that build up to the game were probably the best thing about the whole thing really....full of mystery, clues, and confusion. Machinima did a great job analyzing them (Episode 1 analysis shown as example below).

Alan Wake - Official Launch Trailer | HD - YouTube

Alan Wake - Bright Falls Episode 1
Alan Wake: Bright Falls - 'Oh Deer' - YouTube

Machinima "What the Bright Falls" analysis on Bright Falls Episode One
Alan Wake: Bright Falls - What The Bright Falls - Episode 1 (Alan Wake Prequel Series Analysis) - WTBF - YouTube

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
For me, probably Brink. I enjoyed the game and played it quite a bit. But the servers emptied quick and it eventually got difficult to find a good game. It's a shame since I thought the game had some nice ideas.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I loved Super Meatboy and completed it 100%, I think my friends hated it because of the extreme difficulty on the later levels

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Medal of Honor: Warfighter, it's recent, but critics smashed the game for being buggy.

I really enjoyed it, sure there was some annoying bugs but i really enjoyed the game.

Same goes for the Ford Racing series, most people hated it but i loved it.

Need4Geek

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Need for Speed: The Run, which is a great title for me. Most people hate it because they find the handling pretty hard, the car slow even at top speed, and something like that. Sure, every game has its pros and cons, but I like The Run because it delivers a more realistic driving experience, plus the Frostbite 2 engine which delivers stunning graphics and physics effects.
People are also complaining about how EA killed car customization in the new Most Wanted, which is my favourite. Can't wait for Rivals and what people will complain about.

TachyonicCargo

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Alan Wake is one of the greatest games ever made - hands down. It's one of those rare games, that other developers are going to be copying well into the next generation of gaming.

I really do not think it was a case of people hating Alan Wake, but more a case of no one having actually played Alan Wake - technically putting Alan Wake in a different category than this thread is querying. Other games that fit into this category would be Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Viva Pinata, Heavenly Sword, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, DMC Devil May Cry, the first two Saints Row games, and the last-gen (original Xbox) version of Splinter Cell: Double Agent. People may even THINK they hate these games, but the fact is, the vast majority of people have never actually ever played any of these games.

As for Alan Wake, everyone without exception, who I know who has played this game, loves Alan Wake, and are fans for life.

m3kk

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Completely agree, playing Alan wake was like reading a good book! Would love some tip so similar games (not necessarily same gametype) but mystery/great story etc

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Need for Speed: The Run, which is a great title for me. Most people hate it because they find the handling pretty hard, the car slow even at top speed, and something like that. Sure, every game has its pros and cons, but I like The Run because it delivers a more realistic driving experience, plus the Frostbite 2 engine which delivers stunning graphics and physics effects.
People are also complaining about how EA killed car customization in the new Most Wanted, which is my favourite. Can't wait for Rivals and what people will complain about.

The Run was pretty good, but after i completed it, most challenges were too hard to continue and Multiplayer was quite boring, i did love MW 2012.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I really enjoyed Enslaved: Odyssey to the West even though most people looked at it and saw a wannabe Uncharted game. If you like games with a competent and well acted story plus a pretty fun melee combat system I'd say definitely give it some time.

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Call of Duty: World at War. I probably wouldn't go as far as saying the majority hated it, but it was definitely the least appreciated Call of Duty post CoD4. For me, it's my favourite to date.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99