Windows Phone, Surface RT and Xbox - what sort of inter-device things can you do?

evilrob

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about ditching all my Apple gear and moving back to Microsoft.

I will be replacing my iPhone with a Windows Phone for phone duties, my iPad with a Surface RT for tablet duties and my Apple TV with an Xbox 360 to get some sort of link between phone and tablet to TV (I assume this is possible via Xbox Glass or something), as well as play GTA V (obviously).

I currently like beaming content - photos, movies, music to TV/Speakers from my iPhone/iPad wirelessly via AirPlay/Apple TV; I'd be interested to know if something similar can be achieved using an Xbox 360 as a conduit.

I would also be interested to know what other things you can do (if any) between Windows Phone, Surface RT and Xbox.

evilrob

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been pointed in the direction of Nokia Play To app and SkyDrive - seems to do what I want it to do.

Can someone tell me how well SmartGlass works for phone/tablet/xbox interaction - from what I understand it turns your phone or tablet into a nice touchscreen remote control - does it work well?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre