Still can't delete xbox accounts?

Kadin Lucas

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
So on my friends xbox 360 years and years ago I made my xbox live account and linked it to my email. I chose a stupid bloody name and so wanted to change it. I thought this would be easy enough, or even as a preference to just delete the xbox account and then create a new one to my hotmail/live account.
On searching for ages on forums it seems that you can't delete xbox live gamer tags, and I just don't get why the heck not. Also if I want to change it I have to be on an xbox console which I don't have... the stupid xbox account always shows up on my windows phone 8.

So is there anyway to change this? or is this still something that Microsoft hasn't fixed. Not being able to delete an account is pretty basic stuff.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
"or is this still something that Microsoft hasn't fixed."

Maybe they do not feel it is broken. Maybe we do not feel it is broken either for that matter. I could probably throw a rock in any direction and hit someone with an XBox 360.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm just throwing this out there but....,

Couldn't you just go use your friends XBOX 360 for 10 minutes to do this?

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
OP you can't delete Apple IDs either so it's not a Microsoft conspiracy or something. You can try to change the account emails to free up your email address from the system. Then you can create a new account with that email.

A word of caution, I had to wait like 30 or maybe 90 days for the change to apply for some security reason when I changed mine.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that it's $10 to change your tag. You could create a fake Yahoo account, change your crappy tag to that e-mail, then make a new account for the e-mail you want to keep.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720