Video and Music - How To Stream and Slideshow

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I heard that a Windows Media Extender will not be part of XBOX One, which is a same, because it is one of our favorite features of the 360.

One of our favorite things to do is stream our personal music collection with a slideshow of our personal pictures. Windows Media Center extender makes this pretty easy. Since Windows 8, the Video and Pictures option from the XBOX Dashboard hasn't worked as it can't find media (though it sees folders.)

So, has anyone heard of how the XBOX One will handle the option to stream music and pictures from your main PC? I've not heard anything...thanks!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
So far they seem to be concentrating on smart glass and streaming from tablets or phones using that. Which does no good from a PC.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
So far they seem to be concentrating on smart glass and streaming from tablets or phones using that. Which does no good from a PC.

Thanks for that info. This seems like a minor need but we really dig this option. We take a lot of digital pictures and this makes for a fun way to see the wealth of pictures we have. I am thinking the XBOX One will have a simple way to do this. But since the 360 has three years of life left to it and Windows Media Center, I'll hold one to it for a while, even if I end up with a XBOX One.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I would expect some Win 8-like picture gallery thing, where you can stream stuff from other devices in the network. But we'll see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99