DLC and Xbox One

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So, how does everyone think DLC will work with the new console. Does anyone think that it will be presented better than on the 360?

I ask this after something of a mini-revelation (one that I have had before). My cousin and I FINALLY finished Borderlands at about 3 A.M. We then discussed getting Borderlands 2, and I started thinking about DLC. I figured I would see how much the Borderlands DLC was, and found out that there are 4 $10 expansions, meaning $40 for them all (no Season Pass from that game). However, GameStop sells the Game of the Year edition of Borderlands for $20 new and $19 used (they list the new version as out-of-stock). So now I'm sitting here wondering why it is that games go down in price, but DLC never does. Why is it that the digital DLC downloads for Borderlands are $40, while the game AND the DLC are $20 if you buy the physical copy? Similarly, the Borderlands 2 Game of the Year edition is $60, while you can get the Season Pass for $30 and the game for $30, meaning there is NO savings (especially if you buy Borderlands 2 used for $18 and the DLC for $30).

That rant had me wondering though, what are the odds that publishers recognize this kind of common sense and make any of it better for the next generation? It's simply moronic that you would never lower the price on your product when it means that sales are going to decrease. I'd consider getting the Borderlands DLC if it didn't cost TWICE what it would cost to just go to GameStop and get the GotY edition used. They're shooting themselves in the foot with this level of idiocy, and I'd hope that we see an improved digital purchasing system going forward, since they want to push people towards digital purchases.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
because there are a lot of people who would just pay it anyway. Microsoft wanted to revolutionise gaming and make games cheaper to download but because everyone moaned they had to change the xbox one and now things won't be cheaper because of the moany people who couldn't see how amazing the changes would have been in the long run.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That reply made zero sense. I was talking about how DLC never drops in price, despite the fact that the games themselves due. In the case of Borderlands, the game is now $20 to purchase through Microsoft, yet the DLC is still $40, and we are talking YEARS after release. This isn't something to do with the Xbox One, it's something to do with a horrendous system of digital sales.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa