What games did you pre-order for the xbox one ?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Alright, just got the Play and charge kit. One question: if we don't buy the Day One edition of a game before day one, are they going to stop making them or could I buy them a month later?

I'm now deciding between Ryse and Dead Rising since I can just pick up CoD either way since the Day One edition really offers me nothing I would use.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I just love the social aspect on console. Gear Of War 1 holds my best memories. During each round it was only you and your 3 teammates talking, but in between round, for 10 seconds, both teams got to talk to each other.

Gears Of War to this day is my all time favorite video game for Xbox 360. I have logged more hours on that game more than any game in my life and I still play it to this day.

GOW was epic!!!
Make sure to add me on the 22 I'm a forza fiend.

Beast of Haeven

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Wait... does the Microsoft Store have Forza 5 Limited Edition? I have the day one edition on preorder but I think I'm going to change it, however I'm not seeing it on their site...?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Wait... does the Microsoft Store have Forza 5 Limited Edition? I have the day one edition on preorder but I think I'm going to change it, however I'm not seeing it on their site...?

amazon has the limited edition for pre order. It looks sweet, but I can't justify $80 on a game when I'm already spending $500 for the console, $120 for the games and $25 on a play and charge kit. :'(

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
amazon has the limited edition for pre order. It looks sweet, but I can't justify $80 on a game when I'm already spending $500 for the console, $120 for the games and $25 on a play and charge kit. :'(

Yeah but I leave for a weeks vacation Friday morning at 4am so I need it asap if I want to play before I leave lol. I may preorder the LE version at Best Buy. My employee discount is quite wicked too which is great, I just didn't want to have to go to two midnight releases!

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

If you plan on playing Forza even somewhat competitively than the LE version is worth it. The season pass alone will save you a couple bucks on DLC.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
You guys have me wondering if I should get the LE version of Forza 5. I enjoy racing games. I play them in bursts. And sometimes will randomly get back on them when I'm tired of FPS's. I'm currently going to get a Digital copy of Forza 5. I guess I might as well get a LE Digital copy if it is stuck with me forever! Also my friend went and picked up his Battlefield 4 today. So i'll be swinging by my bestbuy and picking mine up as well. So ready for the weekend!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Same thing here. I got Forza 4 for Christmas in 2011, after playing it a bit during a rental. I barely touched the game when I got it, but about a month or so ago (meaning almost 2 years later), I started playing the heck out of it for a couple of weeks, like 5+ hours on multiple occasions. I went from, I think season 2, all the way to finishing the game because I just got the urge to play it.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Same thing here. I got Forza 4 for Christmas in 2011, after playing it a bit during a rental. I barely touched the game when I got it, but about a month or so ago (meaning almost 2 years later), I started playing the heck out of it for a couple of weeks, like 5+ hours on multiple occasions. I went from, I think season 2, all the way to finishing the game because I just got the urge to play it.
The LE iisn't worth it if you are only going to play the career. When you play people online who will squeeze every bit of performance out of a vehicle, that's when the LE will lend a helping hand.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Does/Is Best Buy doing anything 'special' for those waiting in line for the console at the midnight launch? Being that you're a Best Buy employee I'd think you'd have insider 'info' regarding that :) I'll still wait out there in the cold, just wondering if i'll be 'pampered' a bit while there, haha.
I'm 90% online and 10% career. The LE is a MUST for me! haha

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Does/Is Best Buy doing anything 'special' for those waiting in line for the console at the midnight launch? Being that you're a Best Buy employee I'd think you'd have insider 'info' regarding that :) I'll still wait out there in the cold, just wondering if i'll be 'pampered' a bit while there, haha.

They don't typically do anything from my understanding. I'm Geek Squad so I don't stay for the midnight launches, but I always ask questions about the midnight releases and the employees that work them typically don't know any info about them until last minute. But from what I've heard, and how the PS4 launch went... don't expect much :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077