What needs to stay last gen (but probably won't)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
DLC on the disc. I'm not against DLC and I believe that devs should be paid for the extra content they develop because (supposedly) it's content that was created after the disc shipped. Yet devs have tried to get one over on us by creating the content in advance and locking it inside the retail copy. IMO, the $60 bucks I paid should grant me all the content that's currently available. I shouldn't be locked out of something I already paid for.

Set pieces. One of the greatest things about the original Halo was that the best set pieces weren't set pieces. They were highly difficult and intense moments where you had to put your gaming skills to the test. Now set pieces are interactive cinematic movies where you're given the illusion of control while the game attempts to wow you with some technical marvel.

Dev ego. This kind of goes hand-in-hand with set pieces. Devs are trying too hard to impress me with their technical expertise. There's a set piece in Battlefield 4 where you're inside this crumbling building, everything around you is falling apart. Suddenly you're sliding out of control and fall off the ledge. Then you wake up and soon after you're leaning outside a car shooting at a helicopter that then crashes right in front of you. And graphically it all looks amazing. Truly of the best graphics of any FPS. But seriously, where's the fun in repeated pre-scripted events? There's really no skill involved as I'm basically on rails. This is just the devs showcasing how "OMG AWESOME" they are at making things go boom. I would love it if devs focused less on their dream of being movie directors.

So what else would you add to the list?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I remember when I brought Battlefield 3 and then paid for the premier pack which was 5 DLC (expansion packs) coming out every few months after paying for this which cost ?40 and the game cost ?40 so I spent ?80 a month later after the first DLC came out they added the premier pack with the game itself for just ?45. So it only cost those who waited to get the game ?5 extra for 5 map packs.

I would like it if DLC were generally cheaper and not having to pay the same amount which the game cost itself for the extra maps then a month later being half the price or less.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I remember when I brought Battlefield 3 and then paid for the premier pack which was 5 DLC (expansion packs) coming out every few months after paying for this which cost ?40 and the game cost ?40 so I spent ?80 a month later after the first DLC came out they added the premier pack with the game itself for just ?45. So it only cost those who waited to get the game ?5 extra for 5 map packs.

I would like it if DLC were generally cheaper and not having to pay the same amount which the game cost itself for the extra maps then a month later being half the price or less.

Your right, especially when the PC version of a game sometimes gets maps for free. Instead of paying X amount of $, all pc gamers have to do is throw the map pack files in the proper directories and they are set.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss