XBOX ONE - Day One Thread

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
OK. Little advanced but I'm excited. Purpose of this thread is to share experiences with the console on release as it happens. We will all have our own views on games and I think it would be good for us to write up initial reviews as the launch rolls across the time zones so by the time the launch hits the West Coast of the US you guys should have a good idea about any early issues, little tips and tricks, stuff you find really cool or how good games are before you go making purchases. If anyone is going to midnight launches post up pics of queues or random people doing random things.

I'm having a launch party at my house with a few friends, we all have Friday off so will be putting the new toy through its paces for the majority of the night and day.

Roll on 00:01 Friday.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Will record and share to Twitch.TV be available on day one? If so will you be trying it out? Would love to hear / see who well it works! :)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I believe it will be available. Personally I'm not even getting mine on 22nd cos here in Finland we don't even have a release date yet, but even if we did get it on 22nd, my upload bandwidth is only about 0,9mbit, no point even trying to stream.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll be there :). Going to arrive at the Best Buy I preordered from at around 10ish, with powered on cell phone in hand and appropriate clothing. Its going to be cold... and snowy/rainy...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll be there :). Going to arrive at the Best Buy I preordered from at around 10ish, with powered on cell phone in hand and appropriate clothing. Its going to be cold... and snowy/rainy...

Same here - Going to be at my local Game from 10pm - May even dress up as Deadpool and give the line a few laughs.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd call UPS and ask if they could hold it there, then show up and pick it up in-person as soon as they open, so I don't have to wait for the truck. I sort-of did it once a few years back with a keyboard. It was supposed to get sent out by USPS the next day (arrived at their place in the early afternoon or something), and had my mom stop by there and pick it up a day early.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
less than 2 hours to go! I'll head back to GS in about an hour and a half.

I wound up getting the second controller (with play and charge kit) and a second play and charge kit for free!... Went in to Gamestop to reserve my place in line for later pickup (I got 14 BTW) and the guy told me I could go ahead and get the 2nd controller and charge kit, to which I replied I had picked those up last week. He said, "No, the system shows you have not received it yet" We argued for about 5 min that I had already received it before I gave up he "canceled" the preorder of the 2nd controller/charge kit, and credit it back to my card.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd call UPS and ask if they could hold it there, then show up and pick it up in-person as soon as they open, so I don't have to wait for the truck. I sort-of did it once a few years back with a keyboard. It was supposed to get sent out by USPS the next day (arrived at their place in the early afternoon or something), and had my mom stop by there and pick it up a day early.

I'm in school anyways, so it will probably arrive when school ends.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
When I was at GS earlier, they gave me a shirt, key-chain, Xbox lanyard, and 2 Forza pins. Wife will probably get the shirt as it's only an XL :(

WP_20131121_003.jpg

EmceeGeek

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I have my tv hooked up to my xbox one, I've tested it out and all. Kinect functions are great, especially while playing a game! Call of Duty Ghosts uses voice commands, which I was amazed by. I haven't noticed any usage in Battlefield 4 as of yet, as far as the Kinect.

The controller.... Feels great, looks great, and helped me out a bit while playing Ghosts.

y2yty2yd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You can lean in BF4 with Kinect as well as request for ammo/health/ride etc that can be found from the commo-rose

speaking of the Kinect reading leans in BF4... I had to turn it off on Forza... My daughter was in my lap and every time she'd move her head, the screen would rotate to look sideways... It's hard to drive like that ;)

Anyhow, I am liking the whole Kinect thing, even if it has gotten me killed (DR3) went outside for a sec with no zombies around, daughter started crying and the zombies came and had lunch before I got back.

BTW, has anyone renamed their XBox? I was listening to last weeks windows developer show podcast, and they mentioned you could do that. One of the guys said he was going to rename his One to "Jarvis"... My wife isn't too into Iron Man, so we've started coming up with other names, "Tardis", "SkyNet", "NSA", "Hal", etc...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb