Official Xbox One Problems and Solutions Thread

Jeremy Estrada

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
error 303 fix. remove any discs that may be in the xbox then reboot by unpluging for 30 seconds. make sure the kinnect is unplugged until the xbox is powered back on.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Scanned through to see if this was mentioned and didn't see it, but forgive me if I missed it.

Has anyone had MAJOR inconsistencies with the Play To feature? I get it working, and then it won't work the next time I try it. I tried adding the device, removing the device, now the Xbox one doesn't even show up when I try to add it again (and no it is not still added).

I watch a movie one night, and the next night the Play To feature isn't even available. Reboot both devices, check settings, stop and start services I saw as a recommendation on another forum and nothing seems to work to make it a consistent option to watch movies.

Ideally, I would rather just stick my thumb drive into the XBone and play from it, but I don't think they have made that available as of yet. (correct me if I am wrong because that would simplify this issue immensely).

XB is DMZ. I can see it on the network. I see it on the router. So I dunno what else to do at this point to stream movies consistently. Any help would be appreciated.

tsnatcher

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I know you may have verified this, but just in case, make sure your XB and computer you are using are on the same network. I have 3 SSIDs in my house and if I am logged into the wrong one on the XB then I will have that problem. Just a thought.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I know you may have verified this, but just in case, make sure your XB and computer you are using are on the same network. I have 3 SSIDs in my house and if I am logged into the wrong one on the XB then I will have that problem. Just a thought.

Yep same network. Even have the One set to a static IP.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Make sure your xbox video and/or xbox music apps are updated. I had an issue when i was trying to use play to and it wouldn't work because i had to update the app on my xbox. Just a thought.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Make sure your xbox video and/or xbox music apps are updated. I had an issue when i was trying to use play to and it wouldn't work because i had to update the app on my xbox. Just a thought.

I am pretty sure they are up to date since they don't say they need an update when I open them up, but I will double check that as well. Thanks

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
So just a quick update. My Xbox music and video are updated. I double checked the static IP. I got the xbox one to finally show up again in devices and reinstalled it. Had the same error everyone else mentions with the playback feature.

I right click a video, go to playto, select the xbox. Two thing happen. Either it fails to initialize or it just sits there at loading. I don't know what to do at this point. It did this before when I had it working, and it just seemed to work randomly. I would much rather just stick my thumbdrive in there, less hassle than all of this.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
If you are on windows 7 you defiantly want to use windows media player. Add the music/videos you want to use to the playlist then at the top of the list you should see the "play to" dropdown. Select your device (the xbone) it will then create a playlist that is playing to your xbone. If the playto drop down is greyed out that computer can not see your device on the network.

Using the Play To feature to stream media

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
For it to stream from Windows 7 you need the latest version of Media Center. Could that be your issue that - either not having Media Center 7 or not having the most up-to-date version of it?

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
If you are on windows 7 you defiantly want to use windows media player. Add the music/videos you want to use to the playlist then at the top of the list you should see the "play to" dropdown. Select your device (the xbone) it will then create a playlist that is playing to your xbone. If the playto drop down is greyed out that computer can not see your device on the network.

Using the Play To feature to stream media

I do this. It pops up with the WMP and says loading. It either fails to initialize playlist or just sits there at loading when it doesn't work. When it does work, I do see the movie load into the player and then it starts connecting to the xbox and then the movie starts to play.

For it to stream from Windows 7 you need the latest version of Media Center. Could that be your issue that - either not having Media Center 7 or not having the most up-to-date version of it?

Just checked. WMP and WMC are up to date. Like I said, it randomly will work and as far as I know nothing has changed.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll give it a shot. The only other thing is that I do not have my xbox set with the always on feature due to that black screen issue that it had. Don't know if that ever got resolved, but I just never changed it back.

As far as I know - that's been solved.

Sean Ross2

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Play to has always worked until recently. Doesn't matter if it's music or video just keeping saying connecting on XBone.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I'll give it a shot. The only other thing is that I do not have my xbox set with the always on feature due to that black screen issue that it had. Don't know if that ever got resolved, but I just never changed it back.

Unplugged didn't change anything either. Ugh. It's the inconsistency that is annoying and it is always when my wife wants to watch a movie with me. Always seems to work fine when I am home alone lol.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Do you have static IP's on your devices, or possibly have some weird port forwarding set up on your router?

I've had issues before. One thing that always fixes it for me is turning everything off (router, computer, xbone) and turning them back on in this order. Router, Computer, Xbone. Don't open up Windows Media Player on your computer until the xbone is up, and you have opened up the Xbox Video app.

doing that it has never not worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa