Official Xbox One Problems and Solutions Thread

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Problem: My television picture was stuttering.

Solution: I switched my AT&T U-Verse box from 1080i to 720p and it works great.

jamrock60

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
People we have a Problem. "MICROSOFT IS LYING TO US" Customer who has broken devices. I contacted Microsoft on the 22 about my broken device they sent me a e-mail that my order has been process and I will receive a replacement in 2 day. its now 3 day and I have not receive a tracking number from MS for my replacement XBOX ONE. I called there customer service line this morning. now they are telling me that there are so many broken device that it is going to take up to 14 days before a replacement is sent. I guess they are having a very high failure rate on these devices and are not saying so publicly. I don't care about free games they are offering I just want my XBOX.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
People we have a Problem. "MICROSOFT IS LYING TO US" Customer who has broken devices. I contacted Microsoft on the 22 about my broken device they sent me a e-mail that my order has been process and I will receive a replacement in 2 day. its now 3 day and I have not receive a tracking number from MS for my replacement XBOX ONE. I called there customer service line this morning. now they are telling me that there are so many broken device that it is going to take up to 14 days before a replacement is sent. I guess they are having a very high failure rate on these devices and are not saying so publicly. I don't care about free games they are offering I just want my XBOX.
patience man. If they are having high failure rates there's nothing they can do

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
When I initially set up my cable box, the screen would constantly flicker in and out every half-second or so, and it was completely unwatchable. Apparently you really have to jam the HDMI cable in there because that was the problem. It seemed like there was a snug connection, but I had to give it one extra push for it to be connected properly.

Just passing that one along in case anyone else runs into that!

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

Did they say it'd arrive in 2 days or 2 BUSINESS days? That's a huge difference, especially if you called them on the 22nd (a Friday) and there is (usually) no mail on Saturday or Sunday with those types of things. I'd imagine your package would arrive either today or tomorrow...

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have encountered 2 problems so far:

1. I went to Xbox Music and tried to play some Eminem and got this message: "Can't play. You're not old enough to play explicit content. More Info 0xc00d1355 (0xc1010098)". I am the head of the household. I set up the console. If I click the "more info" link it takes me to a page about parental controls on Xbox Live settings for Xbox 360 on Xbox.com, but it's not helpful.

I'm willing to bet that you are/were in an Xbox Live family pack. Only the primary person is considered an adult, the rest Microsoft assumes are children and there's no way I could find to change that. It's pretty damn stupid, I had mine and my wife's account in a family pack and I couldn't get her seen as an adult. Try to switch yourself to be the primary member. If they've already scrapped your family account giving you all one year of live then it's maybe a setting somewhere.

jamrock60

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Did they say it'd arrive in 2 days or 2 BUSINESS days? That's a huge difference, especially if you called them on the 22nd (a Friday) and there is (usually) no mail on Saturday or Sunday with those types of things. I'd imagine your package would arrive either today or tomorrow...
In 2 business day. So that means I would get it today or tomorrow. They also said I would receive a tracking number from FedEx. I did not receive one so I contacted them. that's when they told me I might now receive it until 14 days time. due to back log.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
my unit is scratched on front panel right above the blueray disc tray. bit pisssed off, but will probably keep it.

Last edited:

Paul Nicholas

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue with my controller and the plug and play pack. When it's on wireless it seems to disconnect every 5 or 10 minutes but it'll stay connected with the cable in. I'm not getting any low battery warnings and if I press the X again it'll reconnect and be find for another 5 or 10 minutes, not sure if it's a software issue?

markyjns

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I've got serious lip sync problems with the TV app and no tweaking in settings resolves it, cant adjust the audio to add delay (the usual way to resolve lip sync) as the video is ahead of audio!! Looks like it could be linked to the 50/60hz fault on all UK boxes causing picture stutters too. MS hopefully going to patch this!!!

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had two more problems arise:
1. my Xbox Live connection seems to go out quite often. An app will stop working or crash and then the console will tell me I'm not connected to the Internet. I'll go test the connection, it'll say everything is fine (even though it just said everything was not fine and I didn't do anything to fix it) and then it'll work again.
2. All of my pinned apps just got deleted somehow and it won't let me pin new ones. I'll try shutting off the console.

stevearsenault

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with SmartGlass? The volume control disappeared on all my devices, and some apps like Skype and Live TV are missing the "play in snap" option.

beneboy89627

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I was playing my Xbox One tonight and I earned an achievement and when I held down the Xbox button to check the achievement my system went black and I don't have picture when I turn the system on. I can us voice commands to access features and when I open a game it shows a loading screen then goes back to a black screen.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Kinect rivals say Kinect needs clear view . I have a clear view! The round puck looking thing is green yet it wont let me play the game there's nothing in the kinects way nothing help please !

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
1. I went to Xbox Music and tried to play some Eminem and got this message: "Can't play. You're not old enough to play explicit content. More Info 0xc00d1355 (0xc1010098)". I am the head of the household. I set up the console. If I click the "more info" link it takes me to a page about parental controls on Xbox Live settings for Xbox 360 on Xbox.com, but it's not helpful.

I'm actually having issues with that on my phone right now, trying to get the new Eminem LP via the free deal... On my One I've set it up so the Wife and I are in a Family... Might that be what is causing the issue? Did you ever find a solution?

And I agree...right now their site is VERY confusing in that the answers for an issue on the 360 are not the same answers as that on the One but they don't allow much searching for the One solely yet... Their site isn't setup very well to distinguish between the two gens.

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I found a problem in one of the 2 consoles I bought.

The main fan in the console didn?t sound normal. I had to get very close to hear it, like about 1 foot. I compared the sound to another console whose fan was running quieter and smoother, and the affected Xbox had a fan which sounded as of running slower, or as if you could hear the blades wobble, or as if it sounds like a sewing machine or some diesel engine, but like I said it was faint and only noticeable from a very close distance.

The sound of the power adapter of the affected console didn?t sound normal either. The adapter of the normal console had a faint smooth and steady sound (there is a fan inside the adapter as well, in case you don?t know), while the adapter of the affected console had a kind of interrupted or intermittent sound, although very faint as well and only heard from a very close distance of about 1 foot.

However, the affected console seemed to work flawlessly, though, unlike the non-affected console which froze on the initial setup screen (pressing A) and had me restart it, and then later giving me a blank screen while creating my gamerpic from my avatar, forcing me to do a hard restart (power+eject buttons).

I had to return one of the consoles, and I ended returning the one with the unusual fan sound. Probably an electrical or mechanical glitch, which I think is more serious. I am working on the other console now and will do a factory reset and monitor how fast it?s compared to the other one.

Both consoles had no problem applying the Day One patch, with the disk drive running smoothly as well.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
My only little hiccup is that sometimes my pinned games disappear from the pin screen. They'll still launch from the app list, but when you click on them, it says that something is pinned when its clearly not. Restarting fixes it, but I assume a patch will fix it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99