Official Xbox One Problems and Solutions Thread

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Bit of a strange one but I have a problem in that quite often when I pause a game it will unpause itself a few seconds later. No idea what is causing it but its happened multiple times on both Ghosts & Ryse. I now just hit the home button instead but would still like to know what causes it!

It's the Kinect, when in game it responds to voice commands without you having to say "Xbox" first. Try disabling kinect voice commands for menu navigation from the in game options.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes when I play Ghosts, and I join a game with a lot of people in it, it puts me in the playlist with 5 people, and whenever I exit and go to the same game, it puts me in the SAME playlist! Not sure if it is a Xbox issue or Infinity Ward's.

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
just a quick question., how noisy is hard drive in your console? can you hear it's working?

Not loud at all. You can hear it when you're around 3 feet away (about 1 metre for you metric folk), but farther than that away and it's indistinguishable from normal background noise (I live downtown... so it's never dead quiet). I normally sit around 8-12 feet away from the TV and Xbox so I never really hear it.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
as I am now on my 2nd unit (the first one was scratched and couldn't be turned off so I replaced it with new unit), I think hdd activity noise (that typical, clack, clack, clack type of sound) is louder than it was on the first unit I had. It reminds me of my fragmented hdd in old desktop pc. I can hear it when sitting 8-9feets ways from the console which is pretty annoying. The first unit I had was dead silent. Spke with MS representative and he said hdd really should be quite and inaudible from certain distance.
Need to replace it again. :/

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes, after hard resetting the Xbox One due to a Battlefield 4 crash, it loses the router settings. When the dashboard comes up, it won't connect to Live. Then when I go to Network Settings, there is no longer a wireless connection set up. I have to find my router, connect to it, and enter the password all over again.

Has anyone else experienced this? I can't find anything about it.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes, after hard resetting the Xbox One due to a Battlefield 4 crash, it loses the router settings. When the dashboard comes up, it won't connect to Live. Then when I go to Network Settings, there is no longer a wireless connection set up. I have to find my router, connect to it, and enter the password all over again.

Has anyone else experienced this? I can't find anything about it.

Sounds like something they built into the system to clear out bad WiFi settings. I've never had the issue but I'm hardwired.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I wired my entire house with Ethernet in preparation for getting my xbone :p

and i have a $200 Asus ACband router :p

I will never trust gaming via wireless connection.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So here's an interesting one...

I live in Michigan - we just had a pretty bad ice storm that knocked our power out for almost 3 days (we were estimated to be out a week, so that was awesome).

So, we have power back, but our internet is still down. Apparently, before the power went out Dead Rising 3 was downloading an update (it was at 83% when the power went out). I can't get it to not download and when I canceled the installation it removed the game from the 'My games and apps' page... I wanted to show it off to my brother-in-law, but now I can't... hmm.. frustrating... Don't know how to get it back..

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
So here's an interesting one...

I live in Michigan - we just had a pretty bad ice storm that knocked our power out for almost 3 days (we were estimated to be out a week, so that was awesome).

So, we have power back, but our internet is still down. Apparently, before the power went out Dead Rising 3 was downloading an update (it was at 83% when the power went out). I can't get it to not download and when I canceled the installation it removed the game from the 'My games and apps' page... I wanted to show it off to my brother-in-law, but now I can't... hmm.. frustrating... Don't know how to get it back..

If it disappeared from your apps and games list, try to redownload it from the store, just go to it like you were buying it, it should give you an install option instead of saying buy. I hope you didn't have the day one edition like I did, because they delisted it and I couldn't get it to work otherwise (had to call support to have them refund it, so I could buy it again).

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, so cancelling the install deleted the entire game from my list. Sucks.

We got internet back on last night. Thought it would only download the files it needed... well it needed to download the entire game again. Wow.

I put tethering on my phone for the few days (mostly so we could Skype with my family in South Carolina and Florida) but that was only a 5GB plan...I wasn't going to do too much on it.

I didn't have a day one edition, just the vanilla edition of DR3...

Leaf81

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I have had pretty good luck so far with my Xbox, but every time the console goes into standby mode and is later turned back on, the TV app stops working. It just displays a black screen. I messed around with the HDMI cables a little, but I eventually figured out that it would fix if I went into settings and then reset up my cable box with all of the same settings. It works just fine after that. It is not a major issue as the app works again after that, but it is extremely annoying to have to re-setup the cable box every time I turn off the Xbox. Please help!

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I have had pretty good luck so far with my Xbox, but every time the console goes into standby mode and is later turned back on, the TV app stops working. It just displays a black screen. I messed around with the HDMI cables a little, but I eventually figured out that it would fix if I went into settings and then reset up my cable box with all of the same settings. It works just fine after that. It is not a major issue as the app works again after that, but it is extremely annoying to have to re-setup the cable box every time I turn off the Xbox. Please help!

I had a similar issue about 2 weeks ago. I just turned my Xbox all the way off and back on to fix it. (When in stand by pull the power cord out for 30 seconds or when on hold down the power button for a very long time, the power brick light will turn amber instead of white).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss