Official Xbox One Problems and Solutions Thread

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I am sending back number 2 due to scratches on my "new" One. So miffed that I will be without it again. Number 3 may be on the way shortly. Love the system, but three!

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I am on 3rd unit, too. No. 1 was scratched on front panel + it couldn't be turned off other way than unpluging from socket. No.2 had noisy hdd and some chirping sound from inside.

Finally No.3 seems to be working fine, knock on wood.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The first one was bad, the second is actually silent. The trouble is I am not happy with the condition it is in. It is hard heavily scratched. I am concerned though that I will get another lemon.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure you can consider it a lemon if the only problem with it is cosmetic... i get not being happy with it tho, i wouldnt be either.

Leaf81

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who has posted and tried to help. After about a week of just doing the same reset up in settings, the Xbox seems to have just started as it's supposed to. I waited two days to make sure it would stay working, but now its working great! I do know what happened, but I'm sure glad it's working without the annoying blank screen. Thanks again!

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure you can consider it a lemon if the only problem with it is cosmetic... i get not being happy with it tho, i wouldnt be either.

I meant the 1st Xbox One, which was a definite lemon. Number 2 runs sweet, but the scratches are awful. They are not deep, but are plentiful. To be honest, If they offered ne some games instead, I would take that as the whole process is getting a bit annoying. And the copy and paste replies that I get just compound my frustration.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who has posted and tried to help. After about a week of just doing the same reset up in settings, the Xbox seems to have just started as it's supposed to. I waited two days to make sure it would stay working, but now its working great! I do know what happened, but I'm sure glad it's working without the annoying blank screen. Thanks again!

I know a lot of people suggest the hard restart to fix it...but if you just put it into Power Saver mode and turn it off like normal, you will never have that issue again. (The app gets stuck and needs to be restarted and in Instant On mode, the One never fully restarts. Changing to Power Saver mode puts the console into a full shutdown, thus restarting the app and fixing the issue)

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

no problems but I have two questions that hopefully someone can answer.

1. Is there somewhere a log what xbox has downloaded/installed. I mean game patches etc... Now, when xbox download those automatically, I would be interested to know what has been downloaded?
2. If someone sents you party invite and you don't immediately accept it by pressing home button, where is that invite stored? Confusing not to know if someone sent party invite while you were getting snack or whatever.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
All I know, is that when an app or game updates it'll be listed in the notifications next to your name/image at the upper left of your screen... but there isn't a central list to tell you what has been downloaded.

For your second question - anyone who friends you will automatically be set as a 'follower' to you. Unlike the 360, you don't have to accept a friend request for them to see what you're doing. However, if you want to add them to your friend list, you need to find their name in your follower list and add them as a friend...

Trainwreck_0532

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
My tv pass through from a Shaw digital Motorola pvr was working fine since I've owned my Xbox one back on boxing day. Today however, I turn the unit on and get a black screen. I turned everything off, checked connections, turned on, took 5 minutes to get the signal. When the signal finally came in the picture kept freezing and for some reason kept jumping between play and pause on the cable box itself. Not sure why all of a sudden its doing this as nothing has been changed by me in any settings. I've double and triple checked everything I can from physical connection to the system settings and everything is as it should be. What the heck is going on?

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
2. If someone sents you party invite and you don't immediately accept it by pressing home button, where is that invite stored? Confusing not to know if someone sent party invite while you were getting snack or whatever.

A party invite will be stored under the notifications at the top left of the screen on the Start screen.

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
My tv pass through from a Shaw digital Motorola pvr was working fine since I've owned my Xbox one back on boxing day. Today however, I turn the unit on and get a black screen. I turned everything off, checked connections, turned on, took 5 minutes to get the signal. When the signal finally came in the picture kept freezing and for some reason kept jumping between play and pause on the cable box itself. Not sure why all of a sudden its doing this as nothing has been changed by me in any settings. I've double and triple checked everything I can from physical connection to the system settings and everything is as it should be. What the heck is going on?

It could just be a glitch. Have you tried pulling the power (remove the power cord) from both the cable box and the Xbox One for 10 minutes and plugging it all back in?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I had a scare today..

Came home for lunch and noticed that the XBOX was off but the TV and sat box were on... No amount of pressing the 'on' button the One did anything. The power brick light was orange and then just cut off completely.

Called XBOX Support about it (they got to me SUPER quick too btw) and the techie suggested that I try changing which outlet on the surge protector its plugged into. Lo and behold the whole thing kicked on and everything was working fine.

if it happens again - something is up. If it doesn't it means I need a new surge protector ;)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I read something about the power brick having some sort of safety features in case of blackouts etc. Meaning that after a blackout you would likely face the same problem and you would have to at least unplug the power brick from the wall and put it back in. Did you try if the "old outlet socket" still worked or did you just put it into another and be done with it?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Ever get a disc stuck in the XBOX One because you have kids with grubby hands? You can manually eject a disc!

Turn console off - unplug it -

Look on the left side of the console and find the yellow sticker in one of the vents. Take a paperclip or a bobby pin and stick it in there, you'll push against a lever and the disc will come a bit out of the try for you to remove with your fingers.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Ever get a disc stuck in the XBOX One because you have kids with grubby hands? You can manually eject a disc!

Turn console off - unplug it -

Look on the left side of the console and find the yellow sticker in one of the vents. Take a paperclip or a bobby pin and stick it in there, you'll push against a lever and the disc will come a bit out of the try for you to remove with your fingers.

I figured it would have this kind of manual ejection somewhere, thanks for the tip.

Michael Sterner

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody have this issue where the xbox randomly crashes and by crashes I mean the whole screen turns black and there's no sound or video but the xbox stays on, or it just randomly turns off and then refuses to turn back on although it has adequate ventilation? I seem to be having that problem a lot, I've also noticed that upon starting tomb raider, there is a lot of screen tearing and graphical artifacts before getting to the start screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte