Official Xbox One Problems and Solutions Thread

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Do you have static IP's on your devices, or possibly have some weird port forwarding set up on your router?

I've had issues before. One thing that always fixes it for me is turning everything off (router, computer, xbone) and turning them back on in this order. Router, Computer, Xbone. Don't open up Windows Media Player on your computer until the xbone is up, and you have opened up the Xbox Video app.

doing that it has never not worked.

I have the xbone set with a static router. Checked my port forwarding, and I have all the required ports forwarded to the xbone. Tried reboots. I suppose I could give a round of reboots a try and see what happens. Wish it would just work though. I don't think I should need to doo all this just to watch a freaking movie. But I don't have a choice until they bring back thumb drive support...

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you just don't have a crappy router? I've not had to do a single thing except plug it in and it works perfectly on the network. I have an ASUS RT-N66U which is an awesome router. See if you can switch with a buddy or something temporarily, to diagnose. I've had odd issues in the past that have ended up being the router wasn't doing its job properly, which is why I bought the one I have now.

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
My hdmi input stops working until I do the hard reset and then works for another 24 hours and we start the cycle over. Anyone seen this? Yes, I have tried different cables and the source works fine hooked directly up to the TV or audio receiver.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure you just don't have a crappy router? I've not had to do a single thing except plug it in and it works perfectly on the network. I have an ASUS RT-N66U which is an awesome router. See if you can switch with a buddy or something temporarily, to diagnose. I've had odd issues in the past that have ended up being the router wasn't doing its job properly, which is why I bought the one I have now.

Router is built into the modem, and I have the "top of the line" modem that my provider has. Xbox is static IP set. All ports are forwarded. Frankly at this point I have given up and just watch movies on the 360 upstairs using my thumb drive.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Router is built into the modem, and I have the "top of the line" modem that my provider has. Xbox is static IP set. All ports are forwarded. Frankly at this point I have given up and just watch movies on the 360 upstairs using my thumb drive.

That's kind of my point. I didn't have to set a static IP or forward any ports for mine to work. It just works with no router configuration changes. Maybe your router doesn't do UPnP well? Many don't. Also what "Play To" are you using, the one on the phone, the one labelled Nokia Play To or just Play To, is it a tablet, etc. I don't remember if you mentioned which you were using. Can you try from another device to see if it's any different?

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My hdmi input stops working until I do the hard reset and then works for another 24 hours and we start the cycle over. Anyone seen this? Yes, I have tried different cables and the source works fine hooked directly up to the TV or audio receiver.

I've noticed that it can take the HDMI a few seconds to show that it's working, are you waiting awhile to be sure? For example if I switch to Watch TV and then power on my TV device, it still shows the "no TV connected" message for a few seconds still, then all of a sudden it is there in the middle of its starting sequence. I think the Xbone just takes time to poll the cable to check and then display the signal. What's the longest you've waited to see anything on the TV after selecting Watch TV?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
More than likely that is your problem. My church office had a router/modem combo and it was 'top of the line' too from AT&T. It was awful, we had problems all the time with no xbox one's connected. Switched to a regular cable modem and stand alone router granted on a different ISP now and have had zero issues.

A 'top of the line' product offered by your provider is not top of the line as you would get it in the consumer space. Can you put things in a DMZ on the router? that way you don't have to worry about port forwarding and such... It'll just sit outside the firewall/protection of your modem/router.

Also - as a hunch - make sure the static ip on your modem/router is the same one that is on the XBOX One network settings...

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
More than likely that is your problem. My church office had a router/modem combo and it was 'top of the line' too from AT&T. It was awful, we had problems all the time with no xbox one's connected. Switched to a regular cable modem and stand alone router granted on a different ISP now and have had zero issues.

A 'top of the line' product offered by your provider is not top of the line as you would get it in the consumer space. Can you put things in a DMZ on the router? that way you don't have to worry about port forwarding and such... It'll just sit outside the firewall/protection of your modem/router.

Also - as a hunch - make sure the static ip on your modem/router is the same one that is on the XBOX One network settings...
At&t only started releasing routers with wireless n built in them in the last 6 months so that is probably your issue.

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that it can take the HDMI a few seconds to show that it's working, are you waiting awhile to be sure? For example if I switch to Watch TV and then power on my TV device, it still shows the "no TV connected" message for a few seconds still, then all of a sudden it is there in the middle of its starting sequence. I think the Xbone just takes time to poll the cable to check and then display the signal. What's the longest you've waited to see anything on the TV after selecting Watch TV?

I wait a very long time. It worked fine until 3 weeks ago and I have a Day One.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

I've never had a good experience with a router/modem combo. Or any device that my provider has given/rented to me. I now purchased my own modem and router (separate devices) and my speeds increased and i have better coverage of my home. Like another poster said, if the device doesnt have UPnP you're going to have issues. I dont have to have static IP's or Ports forwarded on my router either and usually it works flawlessly. have you tried other devices? Phone, different computers, etc?

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Damn! Finally got the Play To working... I removed the XBOne device from Devices and Printers restarted the PC then added th Xbox again from Devices and Printers.

​The Play To now appears when I right click a video...

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Even if it says it does UPnP, I've had more than one router in the past where it flat out did not work right most of the time.

This, all the time THIS. I was going to say that until I saw your post.

I do the forwarding simply because the UPnP just doesn't do what it is supposed to. Even when I had a modem and separate router setup, I would still get issues. The work around was to do the forwarding because I was always having NAT going to strict. This was the only work around I found. Now I just do it out of habit. The xbone worked without having to do any of that but it was my intent to try to make the Play To work on a consistant basis by doing the static ip and port forwarding, which did not solve the issue.

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having problems on loading the XBox Fitness up?

Mine updated last night but still doesn't load. Its stock on the title page with those animated dots(4 dots) for hour/s and nothing was ever happening. :)

Does it have to do with my Region(Philippines)?

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey I got a kinectless Xbox one today and I was so happy to try it bit when I got home I turned it on and the Xbox splash screen comes up and then it goes to a black screen its been like this for hours and I can't seem to fix it, its 11pm right now and I'm gonna leave it on overnight to see if It can fix itself but has anyone had this problem? If so were you able to fix it and how?

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
^ where'd you get it?

Here in our country(Philippines) we get to test it at the Shop first and get to see the "the console needs an update" bit before shelling out or money so incidents like that are avoided..

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
^ where'd you get it?

Here in our country(Philippines) we get to test it at the Shop first and get to see the "the console needs an update" bit before shelling out or money so incidents like that are avoided..

Ar the Microsoft store , I know I could've tried that but i totally forgot to ask :(

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Do you have an internet connection hooked up to it?

have you tried holding the power button down for 15 seconds? it should beep then restart.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99