Official Xbox One Problems and Solutions Thread

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
So now I'm on my second Xbox and turned out this Xbox one also has problems this time the disk drive :( it wont let me play disk games even though DVDs blurays and cds work

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
that stinks raul - the silver lining is that its covered on MS' warranty and - any errors with the disc drive will warrant you a free downloadable game! You can choose from Ryse, Forza, Dead Rising 3, and Zoo Tycoon I believe. I had the same issue awhile back and got Zoo Tycoon.

I had my XBOX One replaced in less than a week as well.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
that stinks raul - the silver lining is that its covered on MS' warranty and - any errors with the disc drive will warrant you a free downloadable game! You can choose from Ryse, Forza, Dead Rising 3, and Zoo Tycoon I believe. I had the same issue awhile back and got Zoo Tycoon.

I had my XBOX One replaced in less than a week as well.
Wait so I can get a free fame? How? No one ever told me this

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Well the lesson really here raul is, always test it first at the actual Store before buying. :)

Goodluck, hope you get a working unit soon... as in ASAP. Lots of games coming this Ber months.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Well I am back.

Was so happy when Media Player Preview dropped. I popped in my thumb drive and everything worked. Movies, music all good. YAY!

Then today, I grab my thumb drive, throw a few music files on there, pop it in the One, now it doesn't see my thumb drive on Any usb port. WHAT? I hard booted, uninstalled the app, and still not recognizing. Ugh. Gonna try deleting the files I popped on there (mp3s) but I can't imagine that being it. I miss my 360 just working at this point.

itsbrandonyo

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I've been having issues plugging my Lumia 822 into the xb1 and listen to the music on it (used the USB that came with my phone, all files are mp3 format) and I can't get it to work. Tried all ports, uninstalled the app, rebooted the Xbox and app, but it still won't work. Any help?

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been having issues plugging my Lumia 822 into the xb1 and listen to the music on it (used the USB that came with my phone, all files are mp3 format) and I can't get it to work. Tried all ports, uninstalled the app, rebooted the Xbox and app, but it still won't work. Any help?

Actually I solved my problem so this may work for you.

I called Microsoft support and the first thing we tried was what worked. Go to settings > Network > Advanced settings > and then it was a clear secondary mac address (not at home atm so not sure exactly if that is the right name)

It will then reboot. When I came back up, my system recognized my thumb drive again. He said that there are temporary files in there that don't deal with your network settings that could have caused my problem.

Hopefully it works for you too.

itsbrandonyo

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Actually I solved my problem so this may work for you.

I called Microsoft support and the first thing we tried was what worked. Go to settings > Network > Advanced settings > and then it was a clear secondary mac address (not at home atm so not sure exactly if that is the right name)

It will then reboot. When I came back up, my system recognized my thumb drive again. He said that there are temporary files in there that don't deal with your network settings that could have caused my problem.

Hopefully it works for you too.

Sorry man didn't work :/

itsbrandonyo

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
That sucks man. So I just tossed some movies on my thumb drive, stuck it back it and it didn't recognize it again. Had to do that trick again. Guess they don't have the kinks worked out on this preview.
I guess not. I'll give it time to update. It seems like it thumb drives that are working and not phones/mp3 players, which wouldn't make any sense at all.

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Just got a question about the Kinect. When the X1 is on i have 3 little red lights is that ok or does that mean it isnt working properly?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Are they actual lights or are you noticing the IR sensors behind the black facing of the Kinect?

The Kinect is 'on' when the xbox logo on the Kinect is lit. If you're having trouble with it, I'd suggest first re-doing the calibration for the Kinect from the settings menu on your XBOX One. Make sure you have your room quite and the volume on your TV/speakers REALLY loud. Loud enough that the XBOX tells you to turn it down....

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had to do that twice now too Rex... If I remember correctly there is a 3 year warranty on the XBOX One and its accessories... If I have to utilize it I will.

Pablo Sormi

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I just got latest update, from the preview program. I use logitech harmony for TV experience...and is there a way to chose channels with a remote? I mean use buttons like 1,2,3...9 and 0 not to skip all the time.

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
My kinect is also playing up abit. I leave the x1 on standby all the time and when I say Xbox on it all work fine but any other command doesn't register for some reason. Have to switch the console off proper for it to work again.

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Folks, is there a way to control the AV receiver's volume with the wireless controller. I know I can use the Smartglass app but I find that to be a bit of a pain. The receiver I have is an Onkyo HT-340.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
None that I know of, sorry. Other ways are you can buy the media remote (assuming you lost your other remote) or you can also use Kinect if you want. You say "Xbox Volume Up/Down" and it passes the command to your equipment. In the settings you can specify how small/large a jump as well. So have it only change by one, or four, etc, so that you don't repeat it over and over. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb