Problem with Xbox One

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got it today...... Plugged in and the noise is unreal. Not jet engine or anything, but the wurring (like a high speed spinning) is shocking. I can't believe that is normal. Anyone else. I makes no noise on the home screen, but when I load up FIFA the sound is shocking.

Anyone else?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Most likely a defect unit of some sort, as most people I've seen comment on noise levels says it's very quiet even when playing graphically taxing games.

How warm/hot does the device get? Many say it runs very cool, so if you don't feel that way, it could further point to a faulty device.

But just guessing here, as I'm not lucky enough to have an Xbox One yet :D

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Warm ish, but the noise is giving me a headache. Making me very unhappy. Reminds me of a Panasonic plasma that I had. It changes depending what it is displaying.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Im sorry you are experiencing this. I work in manufacturing and when an NPI (New Product Inquiry) comes through we do not find all the bugs before we manufacture and release it to the public. I work with Cisco Networking Systems and I can tell you I would never purchase 1st batch of any new products.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Already called and printed out the UPS label. Going back Tuesday. Would send it today, but I have been real busy. Same for tomorrow and Monday. It is a really great looking machine though. Very impressed with the front in particular.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
All part and parcel of being early adopters, I'm fed up of being guinea pig for tech companies and paying them more for the privilege..going to wait 6 months before getting the one... cheaper, more reliable, better games and TV interface and bugs all sorted out.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
All part and parcel of being early adopters, I'm fed up of being guinea pig for tech companies and paying them more for the privilege..going to wait 6 months before getting the one... cheaper, more reliable, better games and TV interface and bugs all sorted out.

I don't think it'll be cheaper... not 6 months after release...

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Already called and printed out the UPS label. Going back Tuesday. Would send it today, but I have been real busy. Same for tomorrow and Monday. It is a really great looking machine though. Very impressed with the front in particular.

I had the same problem with mine. Called MS support, and they are doing an advance exchange for me. sending me a brand new one, and once I receive it I send my current one back. If I were you, id call back and demand an advance exchange

WG Rowland

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Guess I'm lucky. My XB1 is basically silent. There was a small noise you could hear when the room was silent and the XB1 is on, but it wasn't coming from the unit itself. I finally figured out there's a fan going in the power brick as well.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have been a bit of an Xbox ambassador amongst friends and family, and I jumped onto the original Xbox with gusto. Managed to impress friends and family with the Xbox, got a few of them away from the Playstation. Well, new console time comes around, and again I tell them I would make the jump. I did the looking around and advised them what the story was with the bundles and answered their questions about all the devices available. Low and behold, they all ordered the xbox, one even was delivered to mine, as well as my own. Guess what, mine is the only defective one. The others all run virtually silently. You have to stick your ear in the fan to hear anything.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have been a bit of an Xbox ambassador amongst friends and family, and I jumped onto the original Xbox with gusto. Managed to impress friends and family with the Xbox, got a few of them away from the Playstation. Well, new console time comes around, and again I tell them I would make the jump. I did the looking around and advised them what the story was with the bundles and answered their questions about all the devices available. Low and behold, they all ordered the xbox, one even was delivered to mine, as well as my own. Guess what, mine is the only defective one. The others all run virtually silently. You have to stick your ear in the fan to hear anything.

Good to hear that at least your friends are having a good experience. You are already convinced, so you won't likely jump ship for a defect unit, your friends might've. Hope you get a working one soon!

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
They may have on the last generation, but I kept them on board and nobody suffered any problems. They are all with me now. I can't wait to get my box back. Gonna treat myself to Battlefield 4 when I get it back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb