Audio issues, video is awesome

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have my xbox one setup on my epic audio system (pioneer elite sc-35 with Paradigm speaker 7.1 and Sub-1). using the uncompressed 7.1 audio setting, the xbox one delivers pretty flat bass and overall worse audio than the xbox 360 at this point. I purchased Man of Steel on the 360 and watched it before the xb1 was released, I am now watching it on the xb1 and am disappointed that the audio was better on the 360. The bass was much more dynamic (the Paradigm Sub-1 is known as one of the - if not THE most accurate subwoofer on the market). The overall audio dynamic was flat as well. I am having a hard time discerning if there is even audio coming from anything other than the center channel.

Now the upside. I also own the Man of Steel Bluray (purchased all of this for comparison to see how I would purchase videos in the future). The picture quality on the xbox one beats the bluray. Unfortunately, right now the frame rate is an issue while streaming but overall quality is amazing.

I can see the veins in each characters eyes...

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
At the moment, the XBOX One ships WITHOUT Dolby audio support, but will come in a patch post launch. More than likely that is your issue and no cause to worry if your system needs to be 'fixed' by sending it back. It'll hopefully rectify itself with the eventual update from Microsoft...

Xbox One ships without Dolby support, HDMI audio is in beta | Polygon

That is not my problem. Again, I am using the 7.1 uncompressed PCM across HDMI and am getting all channels. I have also tried DTS - but that is only 6.1. This is definitely a software issue and I assume will be fixed down the line.

The upcoming Dolby patch is for the Optical Out port, not HDMI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro