XBOX One - Through the receiver??

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Does this work? Anyone have this setup for XBOX One? I have direct TV and a receiver. For the XBOX 360, it was a no brainer but for the XBOX One, I'm not set up yet.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
My set up goes Cable Box > XB1 > Denon AVR > TV

Things are working pretty well, except that XB1 doesn't seem to be properly passing along Dolby audio but that is supposed to be coming with an update.

In setting up my system, I found that my cable box has a faulty HDMI out, so I will be getting a replacement on Monday.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My set up goes Cable Box > XB1 > Denon AVR > TV

Things are working pretty well, except that XB1 doesn't seem to be properly passing along Dolby audio but that is supposed to be coming with an update.

In setting up my system, I found that my cable box has a faulty HDMI out, so I will be getting a replacement on Monday.

Its what I thought but I'm not getting anything through.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you getting sounds from the XB1? Games? or is it just Direct TV giving you problems?

If I connect direct, XB1 plays fine but through my big screen speakers. But connecting as you did, the XB1 shows up but no TV and no sound through the receiver.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
My setup is working even better with my new cable box, I didn't realize that the HDMI port had been the cause for some picture quality issues I had been experiencing for the past year.

Did you ever get your sound sorted out? Have you looked at settings on your receiver?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786