No Way to Send Voice Message?

agion1

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Is it not possible to pick your friend and send a voice message to him/her like on the 360? I just see a way to text message. Seems like a step back, unless I'm missing something. Anybody know?

agion1

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
No, they are all on Ones. I see no option to record a voice message, simply "send message." This is a text message. Do you something different, assuming you have a One?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... I just noticed that, I think they want you to use Skype to do voice and video chatting.
If that's true, they need to have a nice and easy way to select "Make Skype call to...[Gamertag ]". Either way, I'd like the ability to leave short voice messages again, not have to bust out my phone every time for the text-based input (since plugged in keyboards wont work... Yet... I hope).

It really breaks me out of the Kinect voice command trance when I get to a new message and then have to use something to tap out the message :(

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
If that's true, they need to have a nice and easy way to select "Make Skype call to...[Gamertag ]". Either way, I'd like the ability to leave short voice messages again, not have to bust out my phone every time for the text-based input (since plugged in keyboards wont work... Yet... I hope).

It really breaks me out of the Kinect voice command trance when I get to a new message and then have to use something to tap out the message :(

I mean, there's a Skype app on the Xbox so I don't think you need your phone, at least anymore than you would as opposed to the old way of doing it, but yes, they need an easier way. I'd prefer they integrate it into the activity feed in addition to its own app.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I mean, there's a Skype app on the Xbox so I don't think you need your phone, at least anymore than you would as opposed to the old way of doing it, but yes, they need an easier way. I'd prefer they integrate it into the activity feed in addition to its own app.
sorry, should have clarified. I use SmartGlass on the phone to assist with typing. And I'm not always sending messages to people who are online, either. Skype doesn't have an answer for offline messages on the Xbox (or PC for that matter) as far as I know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss