Tips and Tricks to the XBOX One

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So, this doesn't quite fit into the 'problems and solutions' thread, but I thought it would be good to highlight some of those tips and tricks you've found in navigating the XBOX One... Here are two that I know of that help out a lot...

When you highlight anything (like an app) hit the "menu" (formerly start) button and you'll get options to pin that to your 'Pins' screen. No more jumping into the "My Apps and Games" section.

Wanting to know if there are demos in the XBOX One Store? Don't bother actually looking in the store app - they aren't there (except for Kinect Rivals Preseason). Instead say, "XBOX Bing demo" and you'll go to the demo section. Currently you can demo Kinect Rivals Preseason, Fifa 14, NBA Live 14, and Zoo Tycoon.

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
If you want to force quit a game or app, when on the Home screen, highlight the app and hit the menu button. You will find a quit option.

Also, save games are all stored in the cloud automatically. So even if you go to a friends house, as soon as you sign in with your Microsoft Account, all your game saves are available to you. Even if you're a Silver Member.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
So, this doesn't quite fit into the 'problems and solutions' thread, but I thought it would be good to highlight some of those tips and tricks you've found in navigating the XBOX One... Here are two that I know of that help out a lot...

When you highlight anything (like an app) hit the "menu" (formerly start) button and you'll get options to pin that to your 'Pins' screen. No more jumping into the "My Apps and Games" section.

Wanting to know if there are demos in the XBOX One Store? Don't bother actually looking in the store app - they aren't there (except for Kinect Rivals Preseason). Instead say, "XBOX Bing demo" and you'll go to the demo section. Currently you can demo Kinect Rivals Preseason, Fifa 14, NBA Live 14, and Zoo Tycoon.

I was actually just looking for the demos and getting frustrated at not being able to find them. Thanks!!!

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
In the settings under power select fast resume for games. Its in beta but its amazing Literally picks up EXACTLY where I left off

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I was actually just looking for the demos and getting frustrated at not being able to find them. Thanks!!!

Just as an update to this regarding demos - the last update that came out for the XBOX One changed the store a bit. It added a section for Game Demos. The top games that are listed in that column are the most recent games to come to the store as demos...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar