X1 patch next week according to MS support rep

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I was using the MS support chat last night (I was having issues getting web content on IE through the X1) and was told that it was a known issue and would be fixed with the X1 patch that is coming next week. The tech wouldn't list the issues that the patch would address, but assured me it would be out next week, so FYI.

Obviously it's nothing official, but it seemed legit, supposing the support rep knows what he/she is talking about.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The guy posted the chat logs, it was "around mid december so around next week", not exactly next week, but let's hope the timing is about right anyways and that he's somewhat correct about existance of such patch lol. But I guess it doesnt take a genius to figure out a patch will come, and it's been a while since release so it doesnt seem unlikely.

Here's the chat log from last night regarding the patch release. I just requested the log from MS support and see that they stated, "around next week", not definitely next week. So we should see it soon regardless.
+
Aaron: loving the new xbox so far, only real issues I have had are getting web content on IE over xbox one. Any tips?
Zac: Oh, for that just kindly wait for our upcoming patch for this feature to be implemented.
Zac: It does not work at the moment so the patch will be needed for it.
Aaron: ok, any idea when that is coming?
Zac: Around mid December Aaron so around next week.
Aaron: nice. that will be great.
Zac: Perfect then!
Zac: By the way will there be anything else that I could possibly assist you with today or do you happen to have any clarifications on your case here because I would be happy to assist you further if there is.
Aaron: nope, thanks for your help Zac.
Zac: Sweet.
Zac: Oh before you go.
Zac: If that was everything, I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to have this issue resolved with me and for being an awesome customer for me today! To end this chat properly, please make sure to click on the "Close Chat" button above and may you have a perfect day ahead!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Cool, this is good news, I hope they fix a lot of issues or things that stink with the xbox Dont get me wrong, I love my Xbox one but, When the 360's achievement lists, friends, messages, etc was almost perfect then they totaly change it and to be honest with you, not for the better.....

There is a mile list of issues with it but, with a update I hope they fix up a few yards of it, at least

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The update is today:

Xbox Live's Major Nelson » Xbox One System Update :

I wanted to let you know that later today a required Xbox One system update will become available. This update works a little bit differently than what fans are used to on Xbox 360. Here’s what you can expect:

A. If you are using the Xbox One “Instant On” (the low power state that allows you to instantly power up your console by saying “Xbox On”), your console automatically checks for updates when it you turn it off. Once we make the update available (on Tuesday, December 10th, 5:00 PM PT) this means the following will happen:

Your console will automatically download the update after you turn it off. Once the update has been downloaded in the background, your console will power completely down. Please note: You will need to manually power your console back on after the update has been downloaded. Because the update will power your console completely down, the “Xbox On” voice command won’t be available until after the update is fully installed.
When you turn the console on you’ll see the update being applied. After that, your Xbox One will reboot. You’ll know the update is installing when you see the Xbox logo on the green background (like at the top of this post.) This can take anywhere from 2-5 minutes. Once the update has finished installing, you’ll boot to the Home screen and you’re all set.
Don’t worry, if you are out of town for the holidays, you console also does regular checks for updates and will download it in the background even if you have not used you Xbox One in a couple of days.

B. If you are not using the Xbox One “Instant On” feature, you will be required to download and apply this update after Thursday, December 12th at 4:00 PM PT.

This update addresses the following:

Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
Addresses dashboard performance for some users
Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users
We’ve got quite a few updates planned for the next year based on the community feedback we’ve been seeing, and I’ll have details on those in the future.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Glad they are pushing out updates already, but I really hate the generic "what's new."

Adresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users. What the heck does that mean? Give me some examples.

Do they have a link to a more technical page with more details?

For the record, I don't have to know, I just WANT to know. That's the kind of person I am.. I want to read detailed bug fix lists.

#firstworldproblems

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Glad they are pushing out updates already, but I really hate the generic "what's new."

Adresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users. What the heck does that mean? Give me some examples.

Do they have a link to a more technical page with more details?

For the record, I don't have to know, I just WANT to know. That's the kind of person I am.. I want to read detailed bug fix lists.

#firstworldproblems

Heck, I want KB numbers, and basic reports of the issue, similar to the Windows KB's.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
TV update? Interesting. Let's hope it allows for 50MHz when in full screen for us Euro folks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo