Changing channels through IR blaster with canadian set top box?

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Is it not possible to do this? I figure you have the IR blaster to control the cable box, I have yet to figure out how to do it unless I am missing something.

Any ideas?

thanks

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This may not be the cause, but I don't believe the TV functionality is released in Canada yet. That might be tied to the IR blasting functionality. Can you run through a TV setup wizard or do you have a place called "devices" under the TV app that lets you configure stuff? I'm guessing the TV app is probably completely missing for Canada right now? It's "coming soon".

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
You need to configure the cable box in the setup and if the XBone knows it, it should work I would think. Now if the One Guide isn't available, I don't think you will be able to use voice to change the channels. Looking at the voice PDF it looks like you can only change channels by using the name, and if you don't have the One Guide, it won't work.

Like what oldpueblo said... maybe if your country doesn't have the One Guide, maybe they disable the adding of a set top box?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb