Pre game squad on bf4

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Not being able to party up with my clan is very frustrating many are considering selling the game ....there's got to be a way to set up a squad with friends!!!!

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Is this because of the XBOX One party chat issues? I would think that if you all party up that BF4 would recognize you as a whole group and then place you in a squad together in the game. At least, that's how it has worked with me.

Granted - creating a party on the XBOX One is proving to be a lot more difficult than it should. Also, when I've played with a friend, it has only been with ONE friend. So, it was easy to place us in a squad together...

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Is this because of the XBOX One party chat issues? I would think that if you all party up that BF4 would recognize you as a whole group and then place you in a squad together in the game. At least, that's how it has worked with me.

Granted - creating a party on the XBOX One is proving to be a lot more difficult than it should. Also, when I've played with a friend, it has only been with ONE friend. So, it was easy to place us in a squad together...
on bf3 we were able to set up a squad before the game to strategize with your clans I have not found a way to do so! Hoping and praying you get in a game with you friends sucks ! Thus needs to be fixed...

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Disclaimer: I'm not sure if this will work, but this (I think) is more of a general thing to try when it comes to getting party chat/game party/game invite working. i don't have BF4, just regurgitating my solutions for game invite stuff.

Try getting everyone you want in your squad to load up the game and go to main menu. Exit out of any party you're in with them, and have one person start a new party and invite everyone. The party should then change to read 'Battlefield 4 party'.

At this point, it seems like game invites (and assuming squad-related stuff) are then delegated to the game itself and are not setup via the OS (as on 360), so there should be options in the main menu for at least one person to start a squad - or something. Or it might automatically recognize you? The party/game stuff needs to be reworked by Microsoft for Xbox One. Unsure if they planned to have a system-wide invite/join for games and haven't fully implemented that plan yet (and gave us an el cheapo version in the meantime for launch) or if they didn't think things through and didn't realize that the system (as it is) is terrible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos