[iMore] PC Gamers hate Dungeon Hunters mobile - here's why they should accept it(?!)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
PC gamers hate Dungeon Keeper mobile - here's why they should accept it | iMore

I chanced upon this article from iMore because I was lazing around and freezing frogs. (Okay, not the freezing frogs part.)
Okay, I get it, the writer is trying to justify the IAP model. But, what he's ended up doing is trying to convince "hardcore" gamers, a term loosely used nowadays, to accept this model.

Whoa there. It's one thing to try to justify a broken business model. It's another thing to try and shove it down the throats of those who don't want it.

Console developers need to look at Dungeon Keeper and learn ?€? Opinions ?€? Eurogamer.net
How In-app Purchases Have Destroyed The Industry (by @baekdal) #opinion

Meanwhile, two articles that get it (somehow, one way or another).

I maintain that this post has been constructed out of my opinion, and I intend no harm to all parties involved. Put here just in case people try to...do things.

Oh, by the way, what sums things up:
Thomas Baekdal said:
We don't have a mobile gaming industry anymore. We have a mobile scamming industry.

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I haven't yet played Dungeon Keeper (since EA hasn't released it to WP) but without a doubt, I agree how in app purchases are a curse to the gaming industry.

From a developer's perspective it may look good financially, but slaughtering a good game just to make an extra buck is unforgivable. I hope these kind of games die out.

That said, their are some games out there that balances IAP's in a way that the game play is not affected. (Ex. Halo Spartan Assault)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've never once made an in-app purchase. I'll never make an in-app purchase, either. I won't ever even BUY A game where in-app purchases make a real difference (they don't in Spartan Assault, for example). Yeah, it is cheaper than buying a $60 for most, but $60 games usually last a LOT longer. That, and I just hate the part where I have to put my bank account information on the Internet to play a game. That can go straight to hell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon